No Display after "Windows XP Loading Screen"

gHeTTo.AzN.PrEp

Weaksauce
i get no display but a black screen after the Windows XP Loading Screen where the blue bar runs across the screen...after that..it just goes blank...like it loads but no screen after that...computer still runs....before all this happened...Asus Video Card Doctor for my 9600xt said there was an error with my video card and that i need to replace the fan...but then like 1 sec later..it goes "Your VGA card is OK!"...i just noticed this today....i didn't overclock at all either...just default settings....i shut down my computer so that i could check if the fan was out of place or something......its seated like usual...i turn on the computer and i see the fan is spinning like usual also....i just touched the middle of the fan to see if it was hott...and it was really hott...computer boots up...i get the screen where it asks you if you want to start in safe mode or last configuration or start normally because it says it detected a hardware failure or something...i chose start up normally...goes to windows xp loading screen..then goes to blank screen...no artifacts or anything...only if you count 2 white dots at the left hand screen..then it just hangs at that screen...if i chose Safe Mode...it works...but im unable to do anything like normal windows mode...im out of ideas of what to do..and RMA is last part of my idea...any other solution to my problem?...thanks in advance

Sounds like a corrupt or incorrect monitor driver.

Boot into safe mode, change it to super vga or some such, restart, if that fails just try a few differant combinations. You may want to temporarily disable your video card soft ware, such as vpu recover and any 3rd party video utilities. Also may wanna disable power saving and auto monitor detect.

right click on your desktop, then settings>advanced>monitor>driver in win xp

my monitor tab doesn't have anything that is clickable..."Properties" is in grey..unclickable....so how do you exactly in Safe Mode? and any other solutions to my problem?

i tried installing Catalyst 3.9 drivers....reboot to same blank screen....i uninstall drivers in safe mode...install drivers from Asus CD....reboot to same blank screen....im out of solutions...

Funny, this exact problem happened on the system in my rig yesterday. I uninstalled the nforce audio drivers, rebooted and blank screen with a couple of dots in the left hand upper part of the screen. I disabled onboard audio and installed my new sound card and same problem. I had to press F8 and choose from boot from last known good configuration. Windows Xp booted normally after that, with a few issues of having to reinstall some drivers and my Kerio firewall freaked out for a while, but everything is running fine now.

I uninstalled the nforce audio drivers.
After rebooting, WinXP wouldn't come back up again. I booted into safe mode, but couldn't find the problem, so I just used the option to boot from Last Known Good Configuration. I think it just uses a restore point.

i have been doing so many restarts...that now my computer just restarts automatically when i chose "Safe Mode" and the drivers load..then auto restart.....so pist now...dont know wat to do anymore....

See if the monitor actually turns off when it goes blank. I saw this problem with a friends pc, coz the card thought the primary and only mornitor was on the tv out and turned the vga output off. he was on the virge of formatting. all I did was boot in safe mode -->hardware profiles and uninstall the video card completely. rebooted normally and all was well again. (of course you would have to reinstall the vid drivers again.)

computer finally worked and posted after the "Windows XP Loading Screen" after i left it off for like an hour...before i went to bed..i turned it on just to see if it would work..and amazingly it worked...i dont even know how the heck it just happened to start working again...weird...dont even know what is wrong...i had 3.10 detonators...also had latest chipsets installed too...not sure what the problem was...i wanna know a solution to this before it messes up on me again...i mean..i did have all updates installed and latest drivers for basically everything...im stumped...

Back