Uhhhhh... A mod came out and was squashed in a single day of release of the game? Are you talking about a modded pirated copy or something?
Lots of switch games are being modded now. That can be played on a jail broken switch even.

Inside Nvidia's New T239 Processor: The Next-Gen Tegra For Switch 2?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czUipNJ_Qqs

Text version: (eurogamer simulate potential switch 2 GPU using a cut down 3050 aka 2050 4gb)

Way back in June 2021, noted technology leaker kopite7kimi posted a detailed picture of Nvidia's T234 processor, revealing for the first time that Nintendo would be receiving a customised variant, dubbed T239. In the two years that followed, a wealth of overwhelming evidence has essentially confirmed that they were right. The T239 is an advanced mobile processor, based on an octo-core ARM A78C CPU cluster, paired with a custom graphics unit based on Nvidia's RTX 30-series Ampere architecture, combined with some backported media elements from the latest Ada Lovelace GPUs - and with an all-new file decompression engine for fast engine. It also supports Nvidia's console-specific graphics API, all but confirming that it's destined for the next generation Switch.

https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfo...dware-for-nintendo-what-is-the-t239-processor

Nvidia's T239 - its next-generation gaming processor​

with a mixture of common sense reasoning, leaks, a big Nvidia Hack and inappropriate LinkedIn posts from Nvidia and ex-Nvidia staff, we have a good picture of what form T239 will take. Also crucial is that Nvidia maintains its own Linux distribution and while much of it is private, there are enough references to T239 in there to get a handle on the make-up of the processor.

• Nvidia's Linux distribution suggests that T239 has eight CPU cores in a single cluster, strongly suggesting ARM's A78C will be used.
  • Nvidia's Linux update suggests a 128-bit memory interface, almost certainly paired with LPDDR5 memory.
  • There's a full media encode/decode block on T239 and although the chip uses RTX 30-series Ampere architecture, the media block is backported from the latest Ada Lovelace chips, so it should be faster with support for more formats, including AV1.
  • Improved clock-gating - a way of improving efficiency from dormant silicon - is another Ada feature that has somehow found its way into T239.
  • Nvidia's Linux distro also confirms that T239 has an optical flow accelerator - a core component of DLSS 3 frame generation. The problem here is that it's the last generation Ampere rendition, not the Ada Lovelace rendition that Nvidia deemed good enough to make frame-gen happen.
  • There's one more component of T239 worthy of comment - the FDE. It's an entirely new hardware block not found in the T234. FDE stands for File Decompression Engine. Similar to the decompression block found in PlayStation 5, this basically allows for ultra-fast decompression of assets from storage and into memory.
  • A Nvidia hack describes an NVN2 graphics API. It suggests that several pieces of Nvidia hardware can be used with NVN2 but there are several sections of code where it's explicit that it's emulating T239 behaviour on that other hardware.

There are some who believe that the T239 was intended for a scrapped 'Switch 4K' or 'Switch Pro' and that the actual next generation Switch will offer something different. I don't agree with this: the level of investment required to make T239 and the size of the GPU along with its custom blocks represents a proper, next generation leap over the Tegra X1.

Some believe that T239 isn't on the 8nm Samsung process node at all, and it's likely that only a teardown of the retail machine will confirm this one way or another.

From my perspective, the bottom line is that by a process of elimination, T239 is the best candidate for the processor at the heart of the new Nintendo machine. Nvidia's Jensen Huang is on the record as saying that Nvidia's partnership with Nintendo will likely last two decades. And with a mooted 2024 release date, there have been no convincing leaks whatsoever for any other processor that could find its way into the new Switch.

while questions remain around using Samsung 8nm silicon, there is a silver lining for Nintendo in delivering a revised model further down the line. It could embrace 6nm, 5nm or 4nm technologies for improved thermals and battery life, just as it did with the revised Switch, the OLED model and Switch Lite. In the short term, the question is how large T239 will be and if its characteristics mean we need a larger handheld - something I don't think Nintendo would want.

I’ve been following Nintendo since 1986. I’ll save you the suspense—-the tech specs will disappoint you. They haven’t had a technically competitive console since Gamecube (2002). whatever fancy bells and whistles you’re hoping it’s gonna happen in there. I can promise you it’s not gonna be in there. They’ve got a price point and they’re going to stick to it.

Nintendo‘s problem is that they tend to launch hardware that is obsolete at the time of launch, and then it only becomes more obsolete as time goes on. So, even though they might cram a good deal, more power to switch 2 than is in which one, it will never make a good platform for third-party games because it will always be the weakest way to play those games then when new consoles launch from Sony and Xbox it’s even further behind and you got even less third-party support. This is basically a Zelda Metroid and Mario machine and yes, whatever they put in there is going to be better than what’s in which one, but it will be just enough for them to accomplish whatever they have in mind for the next entry in the Zelda series and maybe you’ll get a little bit better performance in some third-party games.

Nintendo‘s problem is that they tend to launch hardware that is obsolete at the time of launch, and then it only becomes more obsolete as time goes on. So, even though they might cram a good deal, more power to switch 2 than is in which one, it will never make a good platform for third-party games because it will always be the weakest way to play those games then when new consoles launch from Sony and Xbox it’s even further behind and you got even less third-party support. This is basically a Zelda Metroid and Mario machine and yes, whatever they put in there is going to be better than what’s in which one, but it will be just enough for them to accomplish whatever they have in mind for the next entry in the Zelda series and maybe you’ll get a little bit better performance in some third-party games.
Right, but the problem that a lot of spec heads keep neglecting is that any game that is already available on PS, XB, and/or PC is going to be purchased by those people interested in those third party games on one of those other platforms. Nintendo has zero interest in trying to have the best performance on a multi-platform game.

It literally doesn't benefit Nintendo at all to get those franchises on their console. No one is buying a Nintendo console to play the next CoD game, they're doing that on PC/PS mostly. The kind of third party support that would actually be beneficial for Nintendo is games actually crafted for the system. And those games do come from time to time. Things like MadWorld, the various Suda51 titles, etc.

Otherwise yes, it's a Mario, Zelda, Metroid machine. And for people buying Nintendo consoles, that's why they buy Nintendo consoles.

I’m fine with whatever they do but i’d like to see games like TotK get a bit more antialiasing and a more finished look.

Super Mario Bros. Wonder audio is broken when the Switch is in surround mode or in auto mode while connected to a surround sound system. Seems it falls back to mono. Games typically check speaker config when launching, SMBW probably only checks for stereo or mono, fails to understand when Switch is in surround mode, then falls back to the safest option (mono). I finally found other people reporting the same behavior and I was able to reproduce it on Yuzu in Windows.

Is Mario Kart 8 still good these days? I'm one of the few Switch owners that has managed to not buy it somehow still. Just looking for more multiplayer games for the fam and I have the Online Expansion pack too so I'd get all the DLC courses for it. Hoping it'll go on sale for BF in the eShop, but dunno if that's ever happened before.

Is Mario Kart 8 still good these days? I'm one of the few Switch owners that has managed to not buy it somehow still. Just looking for more multiplayer games for the fam and I have the Online Expansion pack too so I'd get all the DLC courses for it. Hoping it'll go on sale for BF in the eShop, but dunno if that's ever happened before.
Yes. We have it on Wii U and even still the kids love it and so do I. Looks like the Switch is that but with more content and a better battle game. Sounds like a great game to me! (And the stupid 59 fps when played with CPU characters quirk resolved).

Reactions: T4rd
like this
Yes.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
Switch is the second best selling console of all time-----Nintendo doesn't have a "problem". If anything, 3rd parties should be figuring out how to make a budget for more content, for Switch.

Switch is the second best selling console of all time-----Nintendo doesn't have a "problem". If anything, 3rd parties should be figuring out how to make a budget for more content, for Switch.
Third, if you include handhelds. I think you should considering the Switch is a hybrid.

Third, if you include handhelds. I think you should considering the Switch is a hybrid.
I think everyone in this thread should consider that Switch is a hybrid-----and that is key to its success.

The living-room console market has shown for 20 years, it can't really sustain 3 players. Which is probably why Nintendo, the number one handheld maker, went hybrid. And now, the living room console market is having trouble sustaining 2 players. Xbox is struggling a lot. And we have been able to see notes from previously 'behind-closed-doors' correspondence, that they have considered ending Xbox, if things like gamepass don't generate enough profit, or if that mega acquisition deal didn't go through.

I think everyone in this thread should consider that Switch is a hybrid-----and that is key to its success.

The living-room console market has shown for 20 years, it can't really sustain 3 players. Which is probably why Nintendo, the number one handheld maker, went hybrid. And now, the living room console market is having trouble sustaining 2 players. Xbox is struggling a lot. And we have been able to see notes from previously 'behind-closed-doors' correspondence, that they have considered ending Xbox, if things like gamepass don't generate enough profit, or if that mega acquisition deal didn't go through.
I'd agree. People look back at the console wars such as Nintendo vs Sega, but we forget that they each catered to a different audience. Sure, there was some overlap of games such as Mortal Kombat, but even then, there still were things like Sega got the blood code while Nintendo used Sweat. Nintendo made kid games, and Sega catered towards older people. Even when Microsoft came onto the scene, the Xbox had western games that were going to consoles for the first time. You had stuff like Morrowind and Knights of the Old Republic, while the PlayStation had Japanese style games.

Today, outside of a few exclusives, games are practically the same whether or not you get them on Xbox or PlayStation, outside of trivial stuff about one game dipping in frame rate while the other doesn't, or another game runs at 1080p natively while the other runs at 1440p. But gamers are still getting the same gaming experience.

That's one reason why the Switch is succeeding. It's not trying to compete with those games. And both Microsoft and Sony have basically conceded that market to Nintendo.

As for Microsoft, I still don't understand why they can't understand some basics. While Americans are open to buying Japanese, Japanese will not buy American, and they never will unless they have no choice.

Batman: Arkham Trilogy | Official Nintendo Switch Launch Gameplay Trailer

The Award-Winning Arkham Trilogy comes to the Nintendo Switch on December 1st 2023...all 3 Games, all DLC, and access to the new Robert Pattinson 'The Batman' Batsuit before any other platforms...

According to Digital Foundry's Oliver Mackenzie, the Switch port of the game is extremely bad...even with severely downgraded visuals, the game struggles to run decently on the console, suffering from massive stutters a few seconds long when the game runs at a staggering zero frames per second...the game is plagued by game-breaking glitches as well...

https://twitter.com/oliemack/status/1730600956637945954

According to Digital Foundry's Oliver Mackenzie, the Switch port of the game is extremely bad...even with severely downgraded visuals, the game struggles to run decently on the console, suffering from massive stutters a few seconds long when the game runs at a staggering zero frames per second...the game is plagued by game-breaking glitches as well...

https://twitter.com/oliemack/status/1730600956637945954
1000003245.jpg

Back