NewEgg price drop on 3.0c

8Complex

Limp Gawd
Just an FYI since I've been watching the pricing lately...

Yesterday the 3.0c was $270, today it's listed for $229. Thats $41 overnight. :eek:

Boy would I be pissed had I ordered yesterday. :D

If you called and complained newegg would make it right, thats just how they are.....awesome!

I called, they said they will have it back up to $270 in a few minutes.

:)

look at all of the price drops... 2.8, 3.0 & 3.2!!!

Its making me want to get another chip just to play with.

Was just looking for a P4 "C" proc to buy...Was between the 2.4, 2.6, and 2.8 but I guess the 3.0 can get into this mix also:D

zipzoomfly.com was funny, they had the 2.8 "on sale $203 until 1/30!" On 1/31 it went to it's regular price.. uh.. $186.

Having price drops in the middle of a sale is awkward. 8)

Those sneak bastards do that on purpose...

They know the price is about to drop like $40-50 across the board on all of their processors. Imagine having 3000 processors on hand.... assuming 1000 2.8GHz, 1000 3.0Ghz, and 1000 3.2Ghz

3000 x $40 = $120,000 in reduction of value of your inventory almost overnight.

So they put the processors "on sale" a few days or a week before hoping to get some of the higher price before it drops overnight.

What you call sneaky some would call a saving throw. I used to work for a video game store and let me tell you price cuts hurt. I might just wait and see how low some of these prices will go. I currently have a 2.4c (not OC'ed) but might be willing to spend if the price is right.

umm.... basically everything is getting pushed down a notch since they released a new speed. The 3.4 takes the top spot & price that the 3.2 had occupied, etc... and down the line.

The 3.2 dropped the most. From around $400 to under $300

Originally posted by MH Knights
What you call sneaky some would call a saving throw. I used to work for a video game store and let me tell you price cuts hurt. I might just wait and see how low some of these prices will go. I currently have a 2.4c (not OC'ed) but might be willing to spend if the price is right.

gah! :eek: why not overclocked? come 'on; this is the easiest 250 FSB air cooling overclock in history. Try it. ;)

Back