new forum section suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChingChang

Supreme [H]ardness
I was just thinking about having a section of the forums where we could all talk about new technology or inventions and stuff. It would be nice to have one spot where people can find out all the new technology coming out. You could call it "Tech Talk" or something.

I think there is one....General Hardware ;)

Definitely not a dedicated forum for sure, but is open to all discussion of computer hardware :)

heh yeah, but anything that gets posted in general hardware (tech news related) will eventually get pushed back to other pages, and it wouldn't really be a reliable source for people looking for tech news.

put something in the title or the body or both saying like,

Tech News: blahblahblah

that way it'll be searchable by "Tech News" (in theory anyway). of course this would only work if everyone posting tech news knew to do that...

There are a lot of forums here now with all the divided subforums and all. I kind of miss the free for all video card forum.

The division cuts way back on the rampant fanboism that was starting to hurt the intelligent conversations, the same thing happened a long time ago when the processors were divided into Intel and AMD camps. The naysayers were summarily shot and then drummed out of the forum. It's better to keep them separate :)

Ch1m3r4 said:
put something in the title or the body or both saying like,

Tech News: blahblahblah

that way it'll be searchable by "Tech News" (in theory anyway). of course this would only work if everyone posting tech news knew to do that...
That could work kinda, but I doubt everyone would do that. It would also kinda be a pain to search for it, and would probably be more stressful to the server if more people searched for "tech news" regularly.

we don't even get much news threads anyway, since there is no real forum to up it in. Was thinking more posts would be made about this topic if there was a dedicated forum for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back