New display questions

Bigbacon

Fully [H]
Never thought I would have to ask for help setting up a new monitor but....they seem complicated now.

I just switched from an older 20" 1080p display to a Koorui 24" 1440p display and I am trying to figure out how to set this thing up. My problem right now is that whites are SO BRIGHT...like eye piercing white to the point it hurts. I have lowered the brightness on the monitor as low as it can go adn then went into windows and lowered it more. Any white screen is just deadly.

I have HDR which might be part of the problem but I'm not 100% sure what that even does for me.

anyone else ever run into something like this with a new display?

my old monitor was a 21" (maybe 20" viewable) so maybe it is just because this thing is so much bigger than before. I feel like I'm in a sun tan booth or something when looking at something with a white background.

yup, on my tv. i had to turn the "sdr brightness" in the display settings down to about 70% and then had to turn my tv's backlight down to about 80%. otherwise it was causing me to see goofy colour spots irl.....
make sure youve ran the hdr config too.

Note that the HDR calibration tool in Windows 11 is a separate app that you need to download from the Microsoft Store.

Back