New Crysis Preview

defiant007 said:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/705/705150p1.html

Some good info there.

That article states that they are now implementing a quicksave feature. However I quite liked the fixed save points in Farcry, they werent crazily spaced out and they definately made the game more challenging and immersive
there were a couple of places it was really annoying. i am glad i found out about the console quicksave or i might still be playing that game. :D

I watched the video interview they have up, and it's sounding really good. I didn't think they were nearly as far along on the game as it sounds. I thought they were basically a techdemo for the new cry engine.

JonnyK said:
I watched the video interview they have up, and it's sounding really good. I didn't think they were nearly as far along on the game as it sounds. I thought they were basically a techdemo for the new cry engine.
imo it actually sounds like the made the game very complicated and confusing.

That looks so good. and that doesnt even touch how far direct X 10 can go....

I wonder how long it will be before a console reaches that tier? by that time, PC's will be pretty out-there....

This game looks fantastic.
Aside from the story, I thought FC was an excellent game.
Looks like they've really improved the franchise.
Quick saves are okay I guess but I really like challenging games.
HL2 in comparison to FC was just too easy.
FC was nice and long. Took me around 25-30 hours to complete compared to 15 for HL2.
Hopefully Crysis has 20 open ended levels too.
Might make me consider jumping on board for the first DX10 cards if it's really out in 2006. :)

Back