Need some tech help

C

Cook_1

Ok, this is my first computer build and having some problems. At first I couldn't post at all, it was a dead board and I just got another new board this afternoon. Now, when I put everything back together I was getting these constant long beeps. Found out that it was my RAM, so I took one stick out and put a stick of PNY Optima PC2700 256MB stick in and it somewhat posted. Got to a black screen with just the biostar logo and when I hit f9 it would say "Loading Boot Menu....." and it wouldn't go any farther. So I did a manual shut down to try something different. Now I can't post at all. It's not my cpu because I tried another AMD Athlon chip couldn't get it to post either. So now I'm back to square one again. I mean, it will boot up to the black biostar screen again maybe once or twice an hour. Every other try it won't do anything.

From my earlier experience with the bad board I have tried every combination to get it to post...no go. But like I said, every once and awhile it will. Any help would be awesome...seriously confused on this one. Also, are all builds this difficult or am I just that lucky?

Can you list all of your components and their specifications, it helps us figure out what you've got going on.

Thanks

Later

MD

Back