Need help mining, ive already got everything else!

burned-ati

Limp Gawd
Ok, so I downloaded bitcoin core, I setup a wallet! And I encrypted it, and set a password. I also digitally signed it.

I downloaded the block chain "bootstrap" of 16 plus GB I put it in the correct location, and it already synchronized everything and finished. It started at 150 weeks, and finished in a few hours

I registered with Slush's pool, and I have a worker registered as my own PC, I entered my wallet address URL in my Slush's pool account info

How do I start mining? I am watercooled, Overclocked! And ready to roll!

How do I mine? I have been trying to figure this out for hours now lol. I just do not understand.

I will be mining with a gtx titan "original titan"

If it sucks really bad, then I may opt for R9 290X cards, I just really want to see how this mining works, Ive read a lot about it. And I would love to try to make some money. If it is possible.

if your power is free... then you might see some money eventually. (small amounts)

Also decide on a strategy:
1) mine the established alt coins (LiteCoin, DOGE) not as much profit, but a steady and expected return based on hash rate

2) much riskier, but mine low difficulty new coins that just come out. They are practically worth nothing , but some explode in value. (DOGE was one of them), DRK just recently .

Honestly - a GTX titan hashes at something like 300-350khash under the Scrypt method, for the power it consumes (especially if you pay for it yourself) you are looking at pennies a day. AMD hardware is still the best GPU wise.

Dedicated ASIC miners are also on the scene, much more power efficient, not as cheap, but very powerful in large numbers. It's a huge balancing act for how much you pay, how much you get and how much it's all worth in the long run.

I don't want to sound like a negative ned, but the gold rush happened 6 months ago the days of making stacks of cash for no work are gone (for now at least - who knows if or when another boom comes along)

guys you saw this right?

I will be mining with a gtx titan "original titan"

and...

Ok, so I downloaded bitcoin core,

I'm going to be perfectly honest with you... Just don't bother. Coins are all pretty crappy priced. bitcoin is long dead to GPU mining and scrypt is just about dead with GPU mining. I don't know how nvidia handles X11 but that would be worth looking into.

You seriously missed the boat but Maybe you can get lucky on X11.

BTC and GPUs are a serious non-starter.
You could have 20 Titans running on free power and the return on straight BTC mining would make you seriously depressed.
Hopefully you are going to try an altcoin.

oh and sorry to be the crusher for more dreams -- you just downloaded 16GB of useless data. Since you won't be mining BTC, there is no need for the wallet itself.

Any alt-coins you mine will have their own wallets, and depending on your approach, and how much you want to "hold" you wouldn't even really need the wallets anyway.

Some people mine altcoins, convert them to BTC on the exchanges and then send them over to coinbase (to cash out in USD) you can hold BTC there if you like (it's overall secure and reliable)

The only time a personal wallet really becomes a necessity is when you want to cold store coins offline (most secure way possible)

I know that AMD does very well in mining. That's why I mentioned the R9 290x cards. I got a titan because I picked it up used for gaming and light graphic use under $500.

I would like to try and run X11 then, or some kind of ALT coin to make some money. This machine will run 24/7 mining away,

What do I do? what do I download? how do I start it?

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
I know that AMD does very well in mining. That's why I mentioned the R9 290x cards. I got a titan because I picked it up used for gaming and light graphic use under $500.

I would like to try and run X11 then, or some kind of ALT coin to make some money. This machine will run 24/7 mining away,

Thanks everyone!

Look at the most profitable altcoins on coinwarz or some other equivalent site and then download the appropriate miner for whatever algo they are running. If it happens to be a scrypt coin, google scrypt mining howtos, x11 coin, x11 mining howtos, etc. Alternatively, the easiest thing would probably to join a multipool (wafflepool, clevermining, etc) and just let them mine the most profitable (however, recently many are struggling to match or exceed LTC).

Slush's pool? You're trying to mine BTC on a graphics card? LOL.

Thanks everyone!

If you aren't loyal to nvidia and really want to get into mining... sell the titan and buy two R9 290's

You can find them for mid 300's if you are lucky. Spinning a titan for mining is just like throwing electricity out the window. R9's are power hungry too, but at least they crank out WAY more hash than anything nvidia.

Back