Need Help Choosing a PSU

I've been doing a lot of looking around but am still pretty indecisive as far as the best power supply I can find for $50-60 so if anyone could give their opinion it would be appreciated. Thanks.

BTW, this power supply will not be powering a 6800U or anything more than mild overclocking.

Welll it really depends on what you are looking for in your PSU... Do you want a silent one? Do you want a robust one? Do you want an attractive one with fancy bells and whistles?

My stand-by recommendation for cheap PSUs is this one:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-104-966&depa=0

It's pretty silent, very cheap and has produced stable (if sometimes a little high) voltages in every computer I've used one in. It is a little underpowered in today's market but in my experience it will power the average system just fine. (FSP is known for underating their PSU's a bit so it has a bit more juice than it looks like it does)

Unless of course you are using an energy hungry graphics card. You certainly would need more power for a 6800 (which you say you won't be using) but even less energy hungry cards might benefit from extra power. Another energy guzzler would be a decent sized RAID array.

the Sparkle FSP-530W unit is probably the best PSU you can find for $70.

it's fairly quiet unless your case runs HOT and it has to spin its fans at full speed.

he didn't provide specs for the unit it would be used in. if it's a basic setup eg: mobo, 2 opticals, 1 hdd - you can just get a quality 350w power supply and you'll be just fine. if you have 2 hdd's nad possibly a very high end video card and think you might add more power hungry components later you could get 450-430w psu. for a basic setup a forton 350w or enlight 360-420 would be just fine (imo)

Back