Need a new mouse

eeyrjmr

[H]ardness Supreme
I have a nice Logitech mouse, nothing fancy (just a Click!) But the wheel is starting to go on it so I need a new mouse

I wouldn't mind trying "laser" but obvoiuly stay at least Optical. However, a slight dilema

I am left handed and all the funk mice are all right-handed molded and I am a lefty...

To add complication there is a (ie one) left-molded mouse, BUT my wife is a righty and she uses the come (between me playing CSS,...)

So any good mice? I did like the MX1000 (esp being wireless and having a charging cradel) but it is right molded

any models?

mmmm nice, eBuyer have them as well... Gonna wait till next payslip to get one, chears

WhyYouLoveMe said:
Razer Diamonbacks and Copperheads fit both right/left handed people. They are billed as "top end" gaming mice. But good they are. :D See this thread: http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1028815069&postcount=1
seconded.

I have the Razer diamondback plasma and it's very sweet. Everyone complains about the buttons on the right not being usable, but they're for lefties since that's where their thumb would be. The diamondbacks (optical) and copperheads (laser) are really your only choice for a gaming mouse that would work in your situation.

Thirded. Diamondback is a tremendous value right now, since they reduced the price when the copperhead came out. Both are very good mice and the copperhead has the one plus of having a rubber back so your hand doesn't slide. I have the diamondback and love the mouse.

You might try a trackball mouse.

I have the Kensington Expert Mouse $99.99 It uses an optical sensor, so you do not have to worry about mechanical bearings getting dirty/jamming.

K64325-4259.jpg

You can use it both left handed and right handed because it is symetrical. I am left handed, although I use my right hand. I have my thumb on the lower left Mouse Button 1. My middle three fingers move the ball. My ring finger moves the wheel surrounding the ball. My pinkie finger uses mouse button 2 in the bottom right. I do not use the top two buttons.

It works really well. Your gaming will stink at first, but after two or so weeks, you will be back to at least your original level.

The advantage is that you do not have to move the mouse if you reach the edge of the mouse pad (really nice!). However, it is slightly worse for sniping.

Back