Nearly out of box hardware for knoppmyth

Bling

Gawd
I would like to make a Mythtv box soon and i was wondering what parts i should get for the least amount of work on my part.It needs to ssupport a 200+ gb hard drive/TOSLINK/Normal tv( with Hdtv coming soon) it also needs to be quiet and have enough speed/power to run smoothlly without a hitch.
Given the requirements, what parts do i get? ( id like to keep it around 400-500 dollars.)

I'm a little worried about coming off really rude, please... do some research. Don't just waltz in and ask someone to do your work.

Abit NF7-S (for soundstorm audio mainly, thus no need for a soundcard)
Barton 2500+
2x256 sticks of DDR333 or DDR400 (they're pretty much the same price so i'd go for the DDR400, cause that 2500+ can easily hit 3200+)
hauppauge PVR-250
5200FX or G4MX
Whatever case and other such stuff you'd like....should come out to about 400 dollars, less if you buy some of the parts from the FS/FT forum and/or ebay...hope this helps. I'm not so sure about HDTV stuff, but how is the knoppmyth support for it anyways? Also i'd suggest installing mythTV from jarod's mythTV setup guide (pretty much the same software) rather than using knoppmyth.

I'm still gathering parts due to a lack of $$. However most people seem to recomend not useing knoppix for htpc. great for other things... not this.

Back