Natural Selection 3

I have been playing it. Wow, the team does a extensive job modding the half life engine. It is a pretty big upgrade from 2.01. I personallly really like this mod, but its going to be up to you. Its still the same game, but heavily upgraded.

yay you get finally get your own things instead iof waiting for the commander to hand you shit. its you get exp

Hmm , I might have to try NS again. I played it for a while when it first came out , from reading all the new updates it seems even better.

Originally posted by Mar8985
yay you get finally get your own things instead iof waiting for the commander to hand you shit. its you get exp

that basically describes combat mode in a nutshell :p

Man, this mod is seriously like none other. I've been hooked since the day it came out. A must get for all half life owners.

How do you get different weapons? We tried working the armory to do this and couldn't figure it out. Maybe were just stuipid. Seriously how do you get different weapons?

Originally posted by haroldmeyer
How do you get different weapons? We tried working the armory to do this and couldn't figure it out. Maybe were just stuipid. Seriously how do you get different weapons?

Depends on the mode. If you're playing Combat (maps that start with co_), then you have to earn xp, and work your way up to them. To get a shot gun/hmg/gren launcher you'd first buy the first damage upgrade( at least that's the only way I've been able to get it to work). From there you have to get the shot gun, and then after that you can buy a hmg or a gren launcher.

If you're playing the normal mode (maps that start with ns_), then it's up to the commander to give out weapons, and which ones. Same thing with armor. The commander would have to save up enough res to be able to do research and then give weapons out.

I liked the idea behind Natural Selection, and I thought it was pretty fun, I just wish these guys did it on a better engine. The only mod I still play for Half-Life is CS.. and thats because I grew up on it. Almost every other mod (besides ricochet) for Half-Life I find myself growing board decently fast. I read over their web site, and it looks like their either working on a new project or are considering a new one. I think these guys have what it takes to make a complete bad ass MOD/Game thats more current and using an up-to-date engine. ;)

I'm going to d/l now. Sounds pretty cool. Haven't played it in a while (Like version 1)

Back