My Tt Xaser II, PICS, 56k warn

evilnickwong

Weaksauce
Lol, I can almost hear you people groaning in horror at the prospect of taking a look at another horrible Tt case. Actaully, I agree that the Xaser III looks fugly and the new V is just plain dumb. BUt the Xaser II that I got in November last year was the simplest looking of the lot, so that's why I got it. :)

Anyway, since that time 5 months ago, I've been trying to make it look a little better, so I went with a blue theme. First thing that came was some Sunbeam CCFLs, then I sleeved my PSU with blue sleeving. THat was followed with me swapping out some of the orange case fans with Coolermaster LED ones, sleeving most of the other wires in the case, and getting a Vantec Spectrum Fan Card. Cooldrive4 also came in. Then I took out that red faceplate on the front of the door and painted it blue. Painted my floppy blue and modded the USB ports from the Hardcano unit into a blank 3.5" bay cover. So, this is the final result. :)

With the desk lights on.
rig01.jpg

In total darkness, I kinda like the blue effect on the wall. :D
rig02.jpg

A view of the front.
rig04.jpg

Side view through the window. I'm not too sure how I can better hide wires. This was the best I could come up with.
rig05.jpg

A view from down under. :D
rig03.jpg

Enjoy. :cool:

from the 1st pic i though u had a bottle of Absinth, hella props fo that.

nice case tho, feelin the blue

where'd you get that fan grill on the side window?
I like it a lot, and i've been looking for a fan grill to replace the honeycomb (and protect the ICE heatpipe fins) on the back of my shuttle that i cut out.

lwdr77: That's a Sunbeam Fan Grill. GOt it for RM15 (US$4) at a local store.

Black V0rtex: The headphones are the Philips HP890. Really, really good quality sound! As for the 1760V, it's not the best of designs, the Samsungs look sexier, but it's cheaper and hey, it's 16ms. I've played many types of games, NFS:U, CMR, Far Cry, UT2004, CoD and have never seen a single bit of ghosting.

Thanks for the compliments. :D

It looks really great!

However I don't personally care for the Intel inside sticker, or the Nicholas name plate. They look kind of tacky, and take away from the overall smoothness of the case IMHO.

Originally posted by GCK
It looks really great!

However I don't personally care for the Intel inside sticker, or the Nicholas name plate. They look kind of tacky, and take away from the overall smoothness of the case IMHO.

I agree. It looks completely awesome, very clean and smooth, but license plates belong on cars and intel inside stickers belong on prebuilt OEM computers. Other than that, it looks nice!

Lol thanks for the comments. The name plate was placed there because the place looked a little empty. :D As for the Intel sticker, well.. err... :p

can you post a pic of your whole desk? it looks pretty dope.

Hurrah! It looks awesome. And that desk area is certainly imporved by those headphones, same as mine :D Are they not fantastic? I love them :D

Originally posted by Nohpys
Hurrah! It looks awesome. And that desk area is certainly imporved by those headphones, same as mine :D Are they not fantastic? I love them :D

Yeah the HP890s are kickass. :D The price was kickass too, RM160 which is US$40. Got it through a member of a local forum that organized a bulk buy direct from the distro. :D

Back