My New SilverStone LC20B-M HTPC

How much it all cost?
The audio video system was around $14,000 and the HTPC was around $1500+$500 (upgrading from initial setup until current setup, see my signature), so total is $16,000.

Regards,
LimLim

The audio video system was around $14,000 and the HTPC was around $1500+$500 (upgrading from initial setup until current setup, see my signature), so total is $16,000.

Regards,
LimLim
If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living? :eek:

Nice setup and some bad ass furniture, lol.

I just upgraded my receiver to Onkyo TX-SR875 and added Sony Playstation 3. I use PS3 as bluray player though. I'm very satisfied with TX-SR875 HQV Reon-VX Video Processing, it makes ordinary DVD looks stunning. Reon-VX can upscale 480i/480p/720p video from composite, s-video, and component input signal to 1080p video output via HDMI.

img0373nk3.jpg

img0376ph6.jpg

Here are the controllers, I'm still using Marantz RC-2000MKII Universal Remote, waiting for Logitech to release Harmony One MKII or Two (I wish) which will support bluetooth. :( I began to think that I need PS3 remote, it's annoying using gamepad to control bluray operation.

img0353dl7.jpg

I know the side surround and back surround speaker placement are not ideal, but this is livingroom, there are "other" factors need to be compromised. ;)

img0344gz9.jpg

I use HDMI for connecting HTPC and PS3 to receiver, and the receiver to LCD TV. I cannot hide cables, so I tried to arrange them as neat as possible. It doesn't look terrible, does it? Oh... cabling cabling cabling, make me sick!

img0521em2.jpg

img0517nn3.jpg

img0537tk0.jpg

The problem now, is that PowerDVD 8 Ultra, cannot sent bitstream signal through HDMI. If I selected "use S/PDIF" from PDVD 8 sound configuration, there is no sound at all. I had to select just 2 speakers in order to hear the sound. There is no problem when playing DVD using Vista Media Center. So I think this is PDVD 8 bugs, or something? Anybody experience the same problem?

Regards,
LimLim

Back