My 9800 XT Mod with Pictures

Yeah, it seems that uou have run out of your bandwith quota upload it elsewhere...

Originally posted by OrionNT
me wants to see.... :(

OK, I'll let the cat out of the bag: this guy (the thread starter) simply took an aluminum Intel P4 heatsink/fan combo, drilled two holes in it, and attached it to his 9800 XT with two screws.

Originally posted by laja
[BB] The Pirate,

9800 XT temp update: it seems that Rivatuner's core temp measurement is wrong. The latest 4.1 Catalysts show the core temp of XT cards (on the "overdrive" page), and it's usually 20 C higher than what Rivatuner shows (over 70 C under 3d load with stock cooling).

I would really like to know what core temp the 4.1 drivers show with your modded cooling. Now when I'm typing this, my card's core temp is shown at 65 C, but my room is rather cold right now. Thanks for the info.

My temps now are 53 and 61 - 62 under load. The Rivatuner's #'s looked so much nicer.;)

BTW I'll try and upload the pictures else where tonight. I'm currently at work and I don't have then with me. You guys will see the pictures tonight!:D

Can somone point me in the right direction as far as online picture hosting is concerned. Freewebz just isn't going it for me. I need something that doesn't have that damn bandwidth cap on it.

The reason you can't see my mod is because of freewebz... This is all their faults! Bastards!

pmed you about hosting your pics.

well i tried, its full. clear it out! :p

Back