MX700 can't connect to receiver so it doesn't work...

Uncut_Diamond

Supreme [H]ardness
I was gone over the holidays and apparently my mouse's batteries were completely drained during that time. Of course when I found this out I immediately put the mouse on the charger and let it charge over night. Well the next morning it still didn't work, so I let it charge for most of the day until the green light on the mouse quit blinking (indicating it was fully charged). I then tried to use the mouse and the light on the bottom of it (red one that lights when the mouse is moved) comes on but the pointer doesn't respond on the screen. So I followed all the Logitech instructions for connecting the receiver and mouse but nothing works. Any help from you [H] MX700 users would be greatly appreciated.

Mobo- MSI K7D Master-L
USB- Onboard 1.1 connected to receiver of the MX700
OS- Windows XP SP1
Mouseware- V9.79

I would try reinstalling drivers just to make sure its not a software problem
but if that doesn't work and if you tried pressing connect on the base unit, and then connect on the mouse and it still doesn't work you probably will end up RMAing your mouse.

I had to RMA mine (the base unit stopped charging my mouse), and they ended up accidently sending me two new ones-lol
but it did take a while about 1 month.

good luck.

I just hit the connect button on the bottom of the mouse or keyboard and it works after a few seconds. . . I don't bother with the connect button on the charger -- but I've only let the batteries run out once. Also, the batts might not have full power since they were run dry - try some fresh ones if you have them just to be sure.

Tried fresh batteries, every combination of pushing connect buttons, tried it on a different system, everything. No luck, but I got a new one and it's working fine. Time to RMA the other one. Thanks for the tips guys!

I overlooked the "y" connector on the usb port and when my batteries ran out guess what?

Stop using the ps2 connectors, and use the single usb.

That fixed the problems I had with my mouse not working sporadically.

I had the same thing happen to my MX700. The receiver just stopped acknowledging the fact that there was a mouse. Logitech was pretty good about the RMA, I did this 3 months ago...so November, and I had bought the mouse the 1st month it was available (can't remember when). They will go through a pretty lengthy 'diagnostic' with you over the phone...and their number isn't toll-free, so get ready for that (thank goodness for unlimited long-distance on my cell phone :))

My MS Wireless Opticle Mouse gave me that crap. Try this first press connect on the reciever, then the mouse

OR usually there is more than one channel for interferance issuse so press the connect button on the mouse in 1 press incriments and after each try to move the mouse and see if that works.

Try removing batteries then re-inserting them

Back