Mushkin or OCZ

yabadaba

n00b
I've decided to replace my current Corsair PC3200LLPT sticks because, despite my best efforts, they are just not performing as I expected they would in my Asus P4C800E-Deluxe board. Possibly one stick is faulty or there may be a compatability issue...anyway, I have a choice...

Mushkin Level 2 PC3500 1gb dual channel kit.

or

OCZ PC3500 EL 1gb dual channel kit

Both seems to have been well received and look like they will perform well in my system, with a mildly overclocked P4 3.0C. AnandTech seem to hold both in high regard with the OCZ performing slightly better. Based on this, I was all set to go for the OCZ until I noticed that in their Motherboard Qualification guide they recommend running the memory at 2.5-3-3-7 for optimum stability. Mushkin, on the other hand, state that their sticks are stable at 2-2-2-6

What would you choose. I'll be grateful for any responses but particularly from people with the same mainboard as me.

Thanks.

Mushkin. OCZ had a bad rep from a few years ago... mushkin, however, has always been quality.

Get the OCZ. Then stop at K-mart for some Martha Stewart table cloths. Then swing by the mall for a Michael Jackson CD, and on your way home, stop at your favorite investment house to grab some Enron stock while it's hot.

END Sarcasm

Originally posted by Hyper_Psycho
yey ... post results once you install em

Yup..will do...gotta be better than what I've got at the moment.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations...pretty unaminous!

ocz isnt that bad really
ive had mine for a while now, runs great
i ran it 6-3-3-2 at 2.6v on my a7n8x-dx (rev 1.04)
now im running it in my p4p800-dx, but i went with 7-3-3-2 (which are recommended settings, 7-3-3-2.5 are for the gold modules), also runs fine.

i need to grab another stick of 512 though, caus im only running single chan (400 instead of 800) so my cpu bandwidth is pretty much crippled. soon enough, maybe tomorrow, i just got paid today (weeeeeeeeeeee)

anywho, ocz = good.
bad rep, no doubt, but theyve bounced back i think.

Originally posted by skinlab
ocz isnt that bad really
ive had mine for a while now, runs great
i ran it 6-3-3-2 at 2.6v on my a7n8x-dx (rev 1.04)
now im running it in my p4p800-dx, but i went with 7-3-3-2 (which are recommended settings, 7-3-3-2.5 are for the gold modules), also runs fine.

i need to grab another stick of 512 though, caus im only running single chan (400 instead of 800) so my cpu bandwidth is pretty much crippled. soon enough, maybe tomorrow, i just got paid today (weeeeeeeeeeee)

anywho, ocz = good.
bad rep, no doubt, but theyve bounced back i think.

Why risk it when you can pay just a little bit more and get something that is guaranteed and never had a bad rep? Mushkin's warranty owns OCZ, as would any other memory maker.

There is no reason to take a risk on cheap memory when you can get something that you KNOW is quality. OCZ may have bounced back, but that is no reason to spend money there, Mushkin never had to bounce back.

mushkin black level II pc3500 is some great memory (and is guaranteed to have BH-5 chips), especially for gaming (which like tight timings))

Even though this is now irrelevant, and you already made your decision....

MUSHKIN!

If it's in the sig, it's in the rig.

If this memory turns out to be a load of rubbish, you lot have got something to answer for :)

I've never received such a decisive response to any post I've made on any forum!

Originally posted by hi_its_ryan
mushkin black level II pc3500 is some great memory (and is guaranteed to have BH-5 chips), especially for gaming (which like tight timings))

It is unanimous

Originally posted by yabadaba
If this memory turns out to be a load of rubbish, you lot have got something to answer for :)

I've never received such a decisive response to any post I've made on any forum!

All you gotta do is give it voltage. This memory starts performing at 2.9v and up. If results are unfavourable....it's probably user error :D

Originally posted by yabadaba

Lifetime warranty, bud :)

Back