Mouse Problems Win 7 64bit

dllfiles12

[H]ard|Gawd
I have the Gearhead KBL7500w Keyboard mouse combo. And every so often, like every 5 min the mouse will shutter, and will freeze up. This is an incredibly annoying problem and apparently its a problem that win 7 has not yet fixed.

I have tried a couple things to resolve this but none have worked. Im thinking about just getting a different mouse.

Here is the link to the other thread.
Link

Any suggestions?

Yeah thats a common problem with serial mice, the IRQ conflicts with your modem IRQ, you should upgrade to a PS/2 mouse or change COM ports.

Er, sorry, flashback. But seriously does a PS/2 mouse have the same problem if you have one laying around, or is this a USB thing? Anything spiking in Task Manager during the times it pauses? If you are feeling frisky, try running Process Explorer and see what the heck is going on during the pauses.

That technet thread is all over the place, when you ask a question there 50 other people pop up with vaguely related issues. Their fixes ranged from updating drivers (do you use HID Compliant mouse driver?) to setting power to High Performance (a good idea if its USB power/wakeup related). All good ideas.

I set it to high performance, and yeah its a USB wireless combo. Ive tried many things.

Back