Most Stable P4 3.0C Mobo?

chinese

Limp Gawd
Hey guys I'll be building a new system soon and would like some recommendations for the most stable motherboard.

P4 3.0C
1gig Mushkin 222 special
WD 74GB Raptor
Radeon 9500
NEC 2510A DVD-Burner
Coolermaster Wavemaster Black
Antec True 430W PSU
Samsung 213T LCD

I've read that the Intel manufactured mobos are the most stable? There were two Intel mobos I was looking at on newegg's site but I'm confused as to which one is better?
Intel "D875PBZLK" i875P Chipset Motherboard for Intel Socket 478 CPU -RETAIL
Intel "D875PBZLK FMB 1.5" i875P Chipset Motherboard for Intel Socket 478 Pentium 4 Extreme Edition CPU -OEM
Which one of those would you recommend or am I totally considering the wrong boards? Some of you are probably thinking why would I want a poor overclocking board when I have the Mushkin 222 special ram but they were on sale about two weekends ago for $289 with another 10% coupon so I couldn't pass it up ^^ Anywho, suggestions are welcomed! Thanks.

You wont be overclocking at all on an Intel board. There are no overclock features in the BIOS. You can tweak your RAM and thats it.

For boards i would look at something from Gigabyte, MSI, Asus, or Abit. I prefer Gigabyte myself and have one of the high end 875p chipset boards. The 8KNXP is one of the most solid boards out there and probably has the most on-board features of any other. Its a good overclocking board too.

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe. That's a full featured and overclock freindly board. Asus quality is second to none. Although alot of people will have thier own opinions. They'll generally say get an Abit or an Asus. Gigabyte and MSI are popular with some people but they aren't as revered as Asus or Abit.

burningrave101 said:
You wont be overclocking at all on an Intel board. There are no overclock features in the BIOS. You can tweak your RAM and thats it.
Actually, there is an overclocking feature of sorts on the higher-level Intel-brand "Desktop Boards". It's called the "Burn-In Mode". It allows you to raise or lower the FSB speed by as much as 4% (whoopie! :p), and it also allows you to raise or lower the AGP/PCI bus frequency by up to 12%. With a 3.0GHz Pentium 4 CPU, you can "overclock" it up to 3.12GHz on an Intel-brand "Desktop Board" using its available FSB adjustments.

im gonna use my Abit AI7 to abuse one of these chips as i dont expect to in my wildest dreams go past 250FSB with that chip and Ocing with a AI7 is soooo easy :)

I must agree with Burningrave here.... For stability and feature set with some OCing ability, go with the GA-8KNXP... If you want sheer OC ability, go with Asus or Abit....

I'm a hardcore MSI fan myself, I have this bad boy running at 3.75 and a 1GHz fsb just fine.

MSI 865PE-Neo2 FISR2 is what I run, but I reccomend the MSI 865PE Platinum Edition

Another vote here for Abit AI7 or one of them epox boards........the rest require soldering such as the mainboard im using right now..... :D

Back