Modding the "lock" Windows 6.1

Nephron

[H]ard|Gawd
And no, this is not another one of those.. " I locked myself out threads".

I used to have a Treo 700wx which worked wonderfully until I switched to ATT and bought a HTC tilt. The Tilt being way faster and everything I could ask in a phone there is 1 small problem..

With the Treo, when I went to "lock" I could enter any sequence of numbers, either being 1111 or 1234, or anything simple. With the Tilt, its not so simple.

When I try to enter a simple password, it says it must be more complex.. The exact error message is "Password Error. Please enter another password. The password must be at least 4 characters and not contain a simple sequence". That's nice and all HTC, but considering my phone is in MY pocket 90% of the day, I don't necessarily need a complex password.

Ive tried looking on xda, all the possible software sites that Google has thrown at me, and I couldn't find a single post or thread about this.

I do know there are programs out there like the iphone slider, which is amusing. and a couple of other ones with patters and whatnot.

So my question is Does anyone know of a way to make it so I could have a simple pin with the default lock program? And if not, does anyone know of a similar program that does the same thing?

The reason I ask is myself a few other windows 6.1 users have also asked the same question. If anyone knows, please share so this community will know!

Ive already made a post on xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=3277905#post3277905, but I thought id give the [H] folk a wack at it

Are you using any kind of exchange service on your phone, because sometimes your IT department will enforce some lock rules. Yes they can do that remotely. Mine does and I have 6.1, but I can still just do four numbers just fine (though not a simple sequence). Why not just use a pin?

If not, I would say look for a custom rom or build one yourself with a kitchen from ppcgeeks that has an alternate locking program maybe. You seem to be looking in the right places, good luck.

Back