Mobo fried from video card?

KuJaX

[H]F Junkie
Hey guys,

I have a really stupid dilema on my hands. My brothers computer started acting funny a few months ago, so he gave it to me to fix. The screen was always kinda screwy with lines through everything. I replaced the motherboard and reinstalled windows (after reaplacing mobo, it wouldnt load windows all the way). Then it was fixed.

I took his geforce 4 ti4200 to test out in my computer because i wanted to run dual monitors on it, not just on 2 video cards like i'm doing now. I put it in my computer, and i updated the video drivers, and continued to put it to dual monitors (extend desktop to his monitor). When i did this, everything went down hill. The screens were flipped, and then whenever i like right clicked or opened IE or something, it would go really really slow. Then, boom, it flickered a bunch of colors and a bunch of lines through the screen. Then it went all black and white, and went to like 800x600 and a screen popped up saying to save my work. I hit the power button, took out the geforce 4, put back in my two video cards, push the power button, and NOTHING happened.

I even put back in that geforce4 and still, nothing. Not even the CPU fan flicker a little. Absolutely nothing. Now i have everything out except for RAM, CPU and videocard, and still no power. I went and got a new powersupply, NO power. I have another motherboard sitting here, but do you guys tihnk that will fix the problem? Why would soemthing like this happen? Its the video card from hell, that breaks computers! :(

ttt

what could be the absolute bare essentials for it to atleast power up (i dont need it to post or anything, just get power to it) mobo, cpu, ram? or does video card need to be there too?

Back