Mobile XP @ 2.5 with stock X800 XT-PE

ereshkigal

Limp Gawd
Ok first run with my new X800 XT-PE card. More benches will follow since I know alot of people have close to the same system as I do.

3dmark 2k3

Ok more benches for you all out there. UT2k4 at 1600x1200 4xAA 16xAF max settings in ut2k4. Running a custom demo by me in as-convoy.

as-convoy
4.916399 / 54.466969 / 110.962761 fps
Score = 54.610767

If there is any other benches you want to see just post which ones and I will try to get them up. I know alot of us are running the mobile xp chips overclocked yet I havent seen one benchmark with them, so all I am trying to do is show people what this card can do.

got my card up to 620/610 and pushing cpu now up to 2.6. I will report back with far cry and ut2k4 scores.

ereshkigal said:
got my card up to 620/610 and pushing cpu now up to 2.6. I will report back with far cry and ut2k4 scores.

Did you use BGA ramsinks?

Using some bga heatsinks from frozencpu on back of card but ones on front cant get to till this weekend because of stock heatsink. Had to clock back down to 550/550 for now.

SIK_L_CELL said:
Awesome score. Gotta love those Mobiles.

Moving my mobile Barton from 2.2Ghz to 2.5Ghz only bumped my 3DMark03 score 300 points when running my 9800SE->9800Pro softmod at 446/387 for both tests. Not enough for the extra heat if you ask me.

AACI_CIO said:
Moving my mobile Barton from 2.2Ghz to 2.5Ghz only bumped my 3DMark03 score 300 points when running my 9800SE->9800Pro softmod at 446/387 for both tests. Not enough for the extra heat if you ask me.

Well, you need better cooling and a more updated video card if you want to see a drastic improvment.

nice score, I hope mine is similar when I trade my pro for an xt-pe. I'm behind 100 mhz, but ahead in the fsb department. Difference probably will be neglible(I hope)

SIK_L_CELL said:
Well, you need better cooling and a more updated video card if you want to see a drastic improvment.

The system runs fine at the above rates. Cooling? I run lower speeds because of heat generated that heats the room, not CPU temp. My comfort, not the CPUs, determines the clock. :p The CPU only reached 48C at full load.

AACI_CIO said:
The system runs fine at the above rates. Cooling? I run lower speeds because of heat generated that heats the room, not CPU temp. My comfort, not the CPUs, determines the clock. :p The CPU only reached 48C at full load.

Cooling for your card to get those clocks up. You were talking about 3DMark 03? It relies more on the card than cpu. I can only go by my own experience.

ereshkigal said:
Ok first run with my new X800 XT-PE card. More benches will follow since I know alot of people have close to the same system as I do.

3dmark 2k3

Well this sure as hell made me glad I didn't buy the XT-PE and kept my Pro. I have the identical system to yours and look at my benchmark.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2659930

Not to rub it in, but the XT's are overkill on our CPU limited systems. :)

SIK_L_CELL said:
Have a look at this cpu limited system!

3DMark 03 - 13227
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2678463

Yeah, you keep posting that. Really, its not impressive price/performance wise. Considering my Pro was running 525 core and 515 memory the cost of going for the XT isn't proving anything it would seem on our comps.

You have 115mhz more on the core and 95mhz on the memory. Not to mention an extra 100mhz out of the processor. Give me those on my system I am around 12,400 points. Point being made that the XT is overkill on our systems still stands. It truly isn't worth the extra $100 or more. ;)

SnowBeast said:
Yeah, you keep posting that. Really, its not impressive price/performance wise. Considering my Pro was running 525 core and 515 memory the cost of going for the XT isn't proving anything it would seem on our comps.

You have 115mhz more on the core and 95mhz on the memory. Not to mention an extra 100mhz out of the processor. Give me those on my system I am around 12,400 points. Point being made that the XT is overkill on our systems still stands. It truly isn't worth the extra $100 or more. ;)

Are you going to keep your system forever? Never upgrade? I will soon have a 64 system and will no longer be "bottlenecked" And will not need to buy a new card. But until then I still have a kickass system. And 115/95 core/mem is worth $100 to me. But I understand your point. I got as far as I can with my rig.

Back