Mixing hyper-x ram

emoretared

Limp Gawd
Ok i recently got a 512 dual chanel kit of kingston hyper-x 3500, i had 1 stick of 512 in here before, but it was hyper-x 3200. Lightning hit my house and i thought it fried my mobo but, i reset the cmos and it was fine, but come to find out, i dont remember what memory timings i found that worked for the ram. so now im running the 512 dual kit without my extra 512 in my spare slot, anyone have any suggestions, it used to run sepreme, but i lost my timings. Thanks

Oh and if this will not work, would it be better running an AMD 2500+ with 1 gig of hyper-x at 333 mhz or run it OC'd like i have for a year at 3200+ with 512 dual 400 mhz

So you have a 2x256MB PC3500 kit and one stick of 512MB PC3200? I dont normally like to mix and match speeds but they should run fine togethor and they all three will run at the same speed of course. Just overclock your FSB to 200Mhz and run them all at DDR400. No reason to only run DDR333 is there? You can probably even still enable dual channel as long as you make sure you have the 2 256MB sticks in the first channel and the 512MB stick in the second channel but dont quote me on that because i dont know if you can for sure or not because the DIMMs are different speeds and it might not adhere to doing that.

When i try that it wont boot up for me at all. only when i take the 512 stick out and run the 512 kit dual.

Back