Microsoft USB Mouse problem

My mouse seems to be disconnecting then reconnecting moments later after i move it or if i wait long enough as if someone were pullin the usb plug out of the back and putting it back in. Windows XP is runing currently and i get the device disconnected/connected default sounds when it happens. Ive tried switching usb slots (tried 4 different ones) any help with this would be much appriciated, FPS games are getting rather annoying :D thanks, FOREVER[H]ARD

try it with a usb to ps2 adapter and see if it works, or if u dont have one try an old ps2 mouse and see if it works. u could also try to reinstall the usb 2.0 drivers if thats what u use.

Do you have one of the old intellimouse opticals? They had a problem where the wires in the cable would break inside the mouse, messing up the connection. It happened to me last year and I just called microsoft and they sent me a new one.

Hey all, thx for suggestions, after testing drivers, usb slots, ps2/usb changing, it turned out to be the mouse, tested a microsoft basic optical on my puter, and no probs, oh well ive had the intelimouse explorer 3.0 for years now, time to move on, thx again all

Back