Microsoft SideWinder X4

Ntee

Limp Gawd
I have always dreamed of building an ultimate desktop rig with the latest specs to be able to handle any software and/or game(s) with ease. Everyone knows accessories are also important and I read about the new Microsoft keyboard, also known as SideWinder X4. I found my article at:

http://mygadgetnews.com/2010/02/01/microsoft-sidewinder-x4-the-new-anti-ghosting-keyboard/

My opinion:

I think it's going to be pretty badass. The macro functions the ability to press multiple keys is key for gaming and will allow for quicker and more efficient use of the computer.

What do you guys think of it?

Looks OK, but more boring than my X6. I don't think I would bother getting another one.

Yeah, its basically a slimed down X6. But the X6 has to have the nicest keyboard feel ever. I love typing on this thing.

Does the X6 have the same anti-ghosting technology?

I looked up the X6 and wasn't aware but now that you guys mention it, the X4 does look like a slimmed down version of it.

USB is limited to 6 nkey rollover, wonder how they manage "26" without going PS/2 (in which case it'd be unlimited with boards that support it anyways).

So with one button I can select: One Man Army > Noob Toob/Danger Close Kit > Noob Toob Button. All without moving my mouse? Sweet.

Yeah apparently you can do that.

I personally haven't ever used a gaming keyboard. Just standard ones.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which one to get? I suppose the X6 is better than this one?

Hmm, seems interesting. Seems like something to go along side a sidewinder x5.

Dunno, never had any issues with my X6. Best keyboard ever IMO. Detachable useless numpad FTW.

I really liked my G15 but then got used to low profile laptop keys so I don't use it anymore, but it was nice and still is going strong, just been too lazy to disconnect my Illuminated to reconnect it.

Some people reportedly had trouble with their G15 I heard. Haven't heard anything bad about the SideWinder products though.

Back