Memory timings for cheap-o Kingston PC3200?

IronChefMorimoto

Limp Gawd
A few months ago, I bought a pair of 512MB Kingston PC3200 DIMMs for my Abit NF7-S 2.0. I'm loving the 1GB of memory, but now I'd like to make sure that I'm using the optimal timings for the chips. I notice a lot of the high-end DIMMs come with recommended timing -- 2-3-3-3 -- on the box/label/etc.

Where can I find optimal timings for my cheap-o Kingston PC3200 DIMMs? Right now, I'm using my motherboard's "optimal" setting for memory timing. I also have "expert," "turbo," and a few other options (???). If I can set the timings manually and get a little more performance (no big overclocking -- please don't have me toast my DIMMs w/ wild settings), I'd appreciate any timing numbers for this cheap-o memory.

Thanks,
IronChefMorimoto

YOu should check out the kingston website.. i'll tell you sometimes the auto settings and SPD settings don't work. i have geil PC 3200, and my motherboard was automatically setting it to 2.5-4-4-8 ,, and the actual RAM module said it ran at 2.5-3-3-6... so i had to change it manually. Maybe it say's it somewhere on the RAM chip?.. you could also try searching the same RAM on newegg.. sometimes they put the timings in the product description.

Back