Mayhems Inhibitor + and Hades +

turok_t

n00b
Hi everyone, I managed to get a hold of Mayhem’s Inhibitor + and Hades + for my loop. On the bottle it says. On the bottle, the instructions are “Mix 1 drop to 1 Ltr then add 1 drop every 2 to 3 months as a top up.” However, on the website, the instructions are “Mix at a Ratio 0.05% e.g 0.5ml per 1Ltr, 15ml bottle will treat 30 ltrs of coolant.”

So on one hand, it says to use 1 drop/liter, but on the website, it says to use 0.5ml/liter. I can assure you that 1 drop from the bottle (the size of 2 rice grain) is NOT 0.5ml. I have a syringe that can clearly measure 0.5ml. If I was to estimate, 15 drops looks to equate to 0.5ml. Which one is most people following? 1 drop/liter or 0.5mL/liter?

Note: If I was to use the same instructions as Mayhems older/previous product “Biocide Extreme”, even though I know its not the same/equivalent product as the Inhibitor +/Hades +, it states 1 drop/liter and that the pH should be between 6.5/8.5. I can simply put a few drops of Mayhems new inhibitor/hades + until the pH is around the range above. But I wanted to know what concentration people are using for inhibitor+/hades+ based on the instructions above.

The one drop per liter obviously doesn’t make sense.

I just measured this for you using a Class A graduated cylinder. To within the limits of my consistent drop and the accuracy of that graduated cylinder, 10 drops is 0.5mL.

I have a digital pH meter, but haven’t used it to measure yet.

10 drops per L might also make sense if Mayhems error was merely dropping s zero from their instructions.

Back