Manor Lords - Early Access Release - 4/26/24

Reinstalled and now seems to be working. Quickly realized I always like the idea of these games, but never enjoy them myself.

I get people love micromanaging a town, but I want more of a broad overview where I am signing off on stuff and not manually placing everything.
That’ll be the expansion called Kingdom Kings, coming in 2028. :D

I am impressed where it is so far. No bugs other noted. Playing the first easy setting, which might be most fleshed out. The amount of micro managing is almost too much. Doubt I'll play at higher difficulty.

I get people love micromanaging a town, but I want more of a broad overview where I am signing off on stuff and not manually placing everything.
"Mine lord, I beseech you. Our harvesting festivities require moe manure and the town down thy street hath what thy want. Prithee sign hither to decree"

Last edited:
Cool little detail is zooming out to the world map, your town is etched into it.

Attachments

• PXL_20240428_023222296.jpg
    PXL_20240428_023222296.jpg
    596.4 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240428_023230107.jpg
    PXL_20240428_023230107.jpg
    639.2 KB · Views: 0
"Mine lord, I beseech you. Our harvesting festivities require moe manure and the town down thy street hath what thy want. Prithee sign hither to decree"

Exactly.

I want a fully fleshed out PC version of the mobile game where you are the king and swipe left or right to deal with issues as they come up. Don't bother me with planning peasants talk to my advisor. Oh he told you to talk to me, off with his head.

Or make me the peasant and I am just trying to make my way.

Little annoyed at how the workers prioritize.

I set up multiple huge farms on each side of my town - added a granary, a windmill and a communal near each farm plot too -all assigned. For some reason or another, they're bringing the rye ALL the way over to another granary, taking that from the other side and then going ALL way the to a different communal oven. Holy hell.

Little fix is to unassign and then assign new workers appears to "kind of" guide them in the right direction.

Had my first crash as well. Went to demolish a packed market place to move it/make bigger. As I demolished it, the game crashed.

Last edited:
yeah the tasking is kinda dumb, i keep getting them moving shit all the way across my area when there is stuff right there. Havent had any crashes yet but ive had 3 long pauses(5-6 seconds) where nothing appears to work and then it snaps out of it. spent most of the day playing it yesterday, got into year 3, just over 100 people and 100% approval, but i am on "casual" ;)

Last edited:
From what I've read online, a lot of the transportation stuff is bugged or just wonky. Many said they were often just better off trading goods for food.

From what I've read online, a lot of the transportation stuff is bugged or just wonky. Many said they were often just better off trading goods for food.

I completed the first map and grew my town to over 300 people. I didn't see anything bugged, it is just VERY difficult to grasp without reading the tool tips and basics. You have to have a LOT of oxen. You need horses for trading. You have to have families that aren't assigned to do anything to build and to be extra guides for oxen to move things. You have to assign people to move goods by placing them in the storehouse etc. And that assumes you are in a map with good growing conditions for wheat. Get a bad map and good luck chuck. But when you do the first time the game gives a tool tip that you should establish trade early.

I found I had to have at least 3 families unassigned to keep building and moving goods. As the town grew had to assign oxen to the farms and to the wood cutters. AND you have to prioritize things, everything is medium. You have to raise and lower items to get things moving to your expectations. Otherwise it was just waiting, waiting, waiting. Not bugged, it was working, but slow because I handn't worked on the logistics.

Last edited:
I completed the first map and grew my town to over 300 people. I didn't see anything bugged, it is just VERY difficult to grasp without reading the tool tips and basics. You have to have a LOT of oxen. You need horses for trading. You have to have families that aren't assigned to do anything to build and to be extra guides for oxen to move things. You have to assign people to move goods by placing them in the storehouse etc. And that assumes you are in a map with good growing conditions for wheat. Get a bad map and good luck chuck. But when you do the first time the game gives a tool tip that you should establish trade early.
oh yeah, trading is key. so far the best early money maker i found was getting on clay or iron deposits, pumping out iron bars or clay tiles, and exporting those.

Back