Making Immages of CD's and using them in place of CD's?

USMC2Hard4U

Supreme [H]ardness
Is there any way I can say buy a seperate HDD, like a 250GB or something, and Make Immages of all my CDs...

Then... Instead of "inserting" a CD to play a game or whatever, use the Immage instead?

There's loads of programs like that, to name three I can think of from the top of my head:

Softdisc
Daemon Tools
WinISO

You don't even need a special hard drive to do that...

Alcohol 120% will both make the images and mount them, easily.

I for one, never use CDs because I don't take good enough care of them.

you can make the image files with nero or similar, then mount them using deamon tools, works fine for me. But sometimes you still ned the "no cd" patches for some stuff- they still ask for the correct cd to be inserted even though youve got the "right" disc mounted in the virtual drive.

I play all my games like this, and I find that the games run smoother from the hard drive.

DVDdecrypter is excellent for DVDs (big suprise there) and will write them as .ISO files that Daemontools will mount just fine. It also cleans Macrovision off the DVD image, which resulted in much better image quality on the Futurama DVDs.
Blindwrite has worked for me for years, but is shareware and quits working eventually. The newest version of Daemontools will read the new file extension Blindread produces, and works fine with all the games I've tried (Westwood, MS, etc)

i used to do this with as many games as i could, but recently i've stopped because i've had so much difficulty with some of the latest games. i suppose i just want a simple, point and click method of creating these images.

Back