Loose slk-900a

comicbob

Limp Gawd
I got my slk-900a frrom newegg on friday and installed it today. i when to play desert combat, and my comp freezes, \thinking it might be a heat issue, I jiggled the heatsink and was surprised to find that it doesnt seem to have enough quite enough pressure on the cpu. i was able to twist it side to side slightly, but was not able do that with my previous heatsink. has anyone else experianced this? i so would taking the white adhesive pads off help?

Mine twists slightly as well, but it is held in place quite well on the core, but does have some wiggle room. Causes no issues though.

Did you use the little round pads included with the 900A? I just installed the same one this evening and noticed that the HS wouldn't have made full contact with the stock CPU pads and if you didn't use the new ones, it might result in it being loose.

Yea, i did use the pads. I guess if other peoples 900A's twist a little it might just be ok. With this new information i think ill get better temps when the thermal paste sets fully.

Back