Looking to upgrade

TFBlaze

Weaksauce
I was just wondering if this looks like it'll be a good upgrade.

I currently have 1.3Athlon, original GeForce 3, 512pc2100, and am looking to go to

AMD 64 3000+, 1gb corsair (2x512 at 2.5), MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R and radeon 9800pro from newegg. Still

putting some money together for it, so prices might drop by then a little more. Any suggestions?

Edit: What should I do with my old system then?

that looks like a good set up. The pro is a better value than the XT at the present.

As for your old system, you could use it as your "office work" machine as it still have more than enough umph to run Micro$oft Office or Word Perfect. Or could be your websurf box. This will enable your new system to be soley gamer... which can be beneficial...
Ok, If the old system has good sound, it can be your overpowered mp3 player... or used in your home theater system as a glorified mp3/dvd player.
Its a bit overpowered to be used as a firewall... but can be used for a file server...
Or, if you want to learn about linux, you could put it on your old system and learn it without the worry of windows conflict (as you'd have the luxury of having that box be linux only as gaming is still pro-windows, for now...)
How's that for ideas?

Back