Looking for p4 mainboard w/ ide raid

waz

Limp Gawd
I'm looking for a p4 motherboard pased on either i875 or i865 chipsets with ide raid 0.

So far I can only find ones with just sata raid.

Any recommendations?

Any abit motherboards? I'm more partial to them as they dont use via chipsets to much. I was looking at the i865 version of that board but asus used a via raid controller and people have had nothing but problems with them, my current mother board has a via chip in and has caused nothing but problems for me.

The raid controller should be made by highpoint, as they are imo are the best raid people

Epox:Model#: EP-4PDA2+
Model#: EP-4PCA3+

DFI: Model#: LP PRO 875B

These are the ones I could find with specified chipsets.

Thanks for the suggestions. I reviews on the boards are ok, but none of them are that great of performers. I think I'm jsut going to settle for a a Abit AI7 and wait until I can afford 2 new 74gb raptors.

Are you tlaking about the AI7? Cause it dosn't have idea riad and uses the iCHR5 south controller for sata rait.

So it looks like i'll be stuck without ide raid :( As none of those motherboard appeal to me.

IS7, hands down

unless you have extra $$$ go for the IC7-G

edit: they all dont have ide raid.. oops

Honestly think you're better off with a separate PCI RAID card. I use my onboard RAID but fear one day the board may die and I'll be stuck without my array.

Back