looking for crossflow fan

I found a reseller a LONG time ago but I can't remember now....Damn I really need to get myself one too.

thanx :D

If any one wants one of those panasonics they better get them now, they disconituned production last June

I usually contact the manufacturer directly. If they wont sell it to you they will usually tell you who will.

Thanks for the word of advice Ice Czar; I was planning on buying some soon. Did you buy from anywhere yet?

not yet, but probably in the morning need to pick up a few other things and save on shipping (molex pin extractor, pins, "T" molex power connectors ect)

Cool. I'd be interested to hear about what you think of them.

crossflow fans in general are really cool (pun intended)
I have a few bigger ones (110V)

1st the noise frequency is much more like a typical squirrel cage blower a soothing whoosh as opposed to an axial fan's whine

2nd the airflow pattern is much more laminar (at immediate exit) with no blind spots
perfect for aiflow parallel to a large surface (like a HDD\heatsink)

3rd on the intake side they can remove a large very specific slice of air, perfect for my application above the PCI cards
there are the typical axial fans (3x120) at the rackmount mid-point
I plan on adding a deflector to angle part of the flow downward towards the board and inbetween the cards, where it will wash over them and up (aided by convection) and end up in the top back corner where the long crossflow intake will vent it

but considering the proximity of the fan to some rather pricey cards Im going to test carefully for EM fields and possibly supplement the shielding and to keep it simple use those 12v

Newark sell a EBM 24V blower that I've used in instrumentation - bloody expensive and fairly loud (nasty 'weeeeeeeee' noise).

They're cheaper in the UK, but I bet that you're not going to take much comfort from that...

Originally posted by kill_emma
dude, unless your an admin of VH, host your own images.

It's not like he displayed it, he just linked to it.

linking is part of the big bad intraweb
get used to it :p

as mobiux points out
Virtual Hideout gets linked to every day
its not as if its an [IMG} tag and every person that veiws this page downloads it, and thats how the rules here work
link to whatever you want as long as its legal
but host your own Images

Dude quite being an ass.
Staying on topic I was wondering how larger are these? How about the niose? My antec case has bad airflow and I was thinking that placing one of these over the PCI cards would be good as well as one raised so that it blows air over the mobo and one for my HD.

Crossflow fans come in many sizes. Most examples I've seen measure approximately 5-6" in length, and 2-3" in "diameter." They can be very quiet if you select one carefully, which I'm in the process of doing. Usually they produce a low pitched noise, so even if the dB rating sounds high, the perceived noise is much lower than expected. Crossflow fans are more suited for low profile locations that need focused airflow with strong static air pressure. In terms of CFM, crossflow fans are dissapointing, but they prove most effective in close quarters or near densely finned heatsinks. If you want to cool multiple PCI and/or AGP cards, you'd probably be better off with a traditional axial fan.

Back