Looking for an MMO

Occidio

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, here is the question. I want to play some kind of MMO, but I am not sure what to try or play in some cases play again. I have played UO when it first came out, played EQ when it came out and for about 5 years. Played CoH and AO. I dont like end game playing, ie playing past the 50's in something like EQ since I dont like the grind game or big guild raids and stuff. I like soloing or even grouping from time to time with some friends. When I played alot of the MMO's listed above I actually found that I liked the earlier levels, even if I deleted chars and started over. I like the Fantasy realm like D&D and what EQ used. I am just wondering if I shoud just start over with a new EQ account and just mess around. I just didnt know if anything was better with some of the newer MMO's before I go that route, like WoW or Legends?(I think that was the name).

WoW is one of the most popular going right now. You may want to try Guild Wars, too.

Occidio said:
I dont like end game playing, ie playing past the 50's in something like EQ since I dont like the grind game or big guild raids and stuff. I like soloing or even grouping from time to time with some friends.

Well you prolly wouldn't like WoW then. You can level up soloing and occasionally small grouping but after 60 its big guild raids, honor grinding, faction grinding, farming for money, or sitting in major cities trying to sell stuff. Not much else to do in that game, player interaction aside from grouping and selling is virtually nill.
Guild Wars is more player friendly, quicker leveling, less dependency on raiding and endgame

Currently trying out the free demos from EQ2 and the old EQ just to see if I feel like trying it again. I would think about trying some others out but I havent seen much that I liked. Horizons and Star Wars Galaxies seem to be too "I want to be able to make and sell stuff" instead of better quality fighting. When my crap from Iraq finally makes it back over here. I will get back into NWN and Dungeon Siege if the demos dont strike my interest. It is nice that you can download those games listed above for free without buying them to try them out.

Back