Looking for a serial to ps/2

CyberSlave

[H]ard|Gawd
as the title says, I am looking for a Serial to PS/2 for a mouse.

I currently have 2 copms running with a KVM nd a 3rd waiting on a HD before its running.
This weekend I am planning on getting another comp from a friend (old, no PS/2 mouse, that should show its age).

Since I don't have a serial mouse or 2 monitors, I was planning on getting a 4-port KVM (Most likely Linksys), but I would need an adaptor.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

You could pick up some connectors at your local Compusa (if you have one) IMO, you're better off buying a new mouse.. they cost about the same price :(

Originally posted by Darkstar559
You could pick up some connectors at your local Compusa (if you have one) IMO, you're better off buying a new mouse.. they cost about the same price :(

I could get a new mouse, but I am needing to KVM it.
And I dont want a KVM with a serial on it.

If your ps/2 mouse didn't come with a converter, then you will need one of these, which is signal converter and not just a connector adapter. You can't just throw the ps/2 mouse signals at a serial port and expect it to work. Either the mouse has to be built to do ps/2 or serial or you need a signal converter

what about using usb, toss in a usb card if the pc doens have usb, and go usb to a usb->PS/2 conerter (like with many optical mice) that may work for you (just off the top of my head good luck)

All Vetra Systems products are proudly designed and manufactured in the USA for enterprise mission-critical applications and are backed by a Limited 3 Year Warranty
lol i bet theyre proud of their $54 price tag too

Originally posted by BLsibub666
what about using usb, toss in a usb card if the pc doens have usb, and go usb to a usb->PS/2 conerter (like with many optical mice) that may work for you (just off the top of my head good luck)
If a system is so old that it doesn't have ps/2 port I doubt it has any pci slots for a usb card.

I believe it has 2 spots.
I don't have it yet, bu tshould this weekend, but I know it has at least one since it has a NIC installed and I think I saw another under it.

Back