Looking for a 32" 4K HDR MiniLED monitor

Quiz

Gawd
Budget is around $1,000. Want to stick with MiniLED for now instead of OLED. Also, it should be high refresh rate (144 Hz+) and G-SYNC compatible. Should be bright enough for good HDR performance. Lastly, would prefer if it is NOT curved.

Personally i disapprove of this "curved" nonsense as well after owning a 34 and 38 inch one.

"curved" does not bring anything to the table except letting the width look an inch wider than it truly is.

And i really hate having to subconciously edit my brain to compensate for three days after getting one and again after reverting back.

My 50 inch flat TV looked concave for a few days. Subsiding gradually.

That being said this va panel does tick all other 4x boxes (with small quirks):

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/samsung/odyssey-neo-g7-s32bg75

! This is theoretical knowledge so please visit a forum about that monitor for first hand comments about how it is to really own one

Last edited:
Thanks.

Will have more/better (non-curved) options if I increase my budget to around $1,500?

I tried the PF32uqxR, the Cooler Master GP27U, the Corsair 32UHD144 (edge instead of mini LED) and Acer X32 FP. The Acer offers the best compromise of the three. It's cheaper than the Asus while using the same panel, it's local dimming algorithm is dark biases, which may not be for everyone, but both its firmware (including dimming algorithm) and hardware are better than the Asus (unless you don't mind a constantly humming fan on the Asus). The Acer also is considerably cheaper. You may find a B-stock one that comes close to your $1000 goal.

Main issue is that you may have to go through multiple units until you get one that has neither considerable backlight bleeding/clouding. They all do, but you want one where all sides are somewhat even instead of one side suffering more than the other. The OSD joystick may also be a problem on some units as its quality is not stellar, still more enjoyable to use than the wheel on the Asus, though, despite its backside placement.

The panel used by the Acer and Asus seem to use ATW polarizers for visibly less IPS glow. After seeing how lit each mini LED dimming zone emit IPS glow on the Cooler Master I consider such a coating *mandatory* for mini LED panels. Much of what people describe as mini LED halo consists of that glow instead of actual LED halo and content can get a soft cloudy look.

Last edited:
Doesn't seem to support G-SYNC.
It supports Freesync (as does the Acer) which works with NVidia Gsync just the same. My 2070 Super has issues with the Acer implementation, though, while the Asus worked better. But 30 and 40 series users have reported that they could not reproduce my 2070 based problems with their Acers.

If you are not in a hurry then I would wait until next year. The supposed 32" 240 Hz OLEDs panels will push competition and more mini LED panels with increased zone count may arrive (Acer offers one in China already).

It works if you are sitting close enough, but is rather small. Keep in mind that Windows 11 not only allows to set a DPI to scale everything, but also allows to scale text separately.

Is 100% scaling plausible on a 32" 4K monitor?
Yes. With my prescription glasses it was fine when I was setting up my sister's PC that has a 32" 4K monitor from about two feet away. My vision averages out to 20/50 without my glasses. It's near perfect 20/20 with my glasses.

Any recommendations for 27" 1440p HDR high refresh rate monitor?

... he is asking in the 32" 4K thread. :-P

Edit: And then I noticed it was the OP asking...

For gaming 1440P is good, for desktop work - especially small text/PDF based - my change from 30" 1600P to 32" 4K (=same height) is noticeable.

Any recommendations for 27" 1440p HDR high refresh rate monitor?
The ASUS PG27AQDM is probably the best option on the market at the moment since it's OLED (per-pixel lighting), but the ABL is really aggressive (65% more aggressive than the LG C3). If you step up to 4K there is the INNOCN 27M2V (IPS FALD with 1152 mini-LED zones).

Back