looking at vp191... advice?

altazo

n00b
Well I just graduated from college and my gift is going to be a new monitor to replace my old crappy 17" CRT.

I will use it for office/internet surfing, and I occasionally play some games. The games I play are usually RPG or RTS games, and I never play FPS games so that is not a concern to me.

I was looking at the Viewsonic vp191 as it looked good and had a good price compared to other models. Should I be worried about the posted spec of 25ms response? I've read in another thread that it is actually between 16 and 25 in reality.

Any suggestions/comments about this display, or suggestions for alternate 19" displays to look at? Very much appreciate the help, thanks.

everyone here seems to be in love with the dell 2001FP. if thats still on sale you might wanna give it a look

It's $1k on their site... looking to spend around 700. I may just order this from zipzoomfly.com because newegg doesn't have it in stock. Anyone ever have any trouble with ordering stuff from them? I haven't in a couple years.

Can't say much about the LCD (though it's younger brother, the Vp171b, is much loved by many around these forums), but about www.zipzoomfly.com, they are pretty good. I ordered an Ati 9600XT from them on December 19, received it the day after Christmas. Pretty good.

Another Vote for ZipZoomFly. I've been ordering from them for a long while without any Issues. They Used to be called Google Gear. I think Google got a little upset at them though.

Hans

Well, I ordered the vp191s tonight for $745 from zipzoomfly.com.

I hope it is as excellent a monitor as I believe it to be... nobody in town has it anywhere that I can go take a look. I've read all these horror stories about making returns at zzf.com but none have been about displays.

I will update with a review when it arrives... thanks for the help!

Back