Logitech Z680's without the PC?

LiquidX

2[H]4U
Sup [H]ard dudes?! This question is for Logitech Z680's owners or those that know the answer. Can these speakers work out of a PC enviroment? Basically...can I hook them up to a PS2 or X-Box via optical cable without the PC being on or them being connected to the PC period? I am thinking about selling my HT speakers and would use these as replacement until the fall.

Yep, they are sweet with my xbox.. just gotta have an advanced hd pack for it.

Yes.

And to make things easier, you can do the same with a DVD player that outputs via coaxial (so you don't have to keep switching optical cables, if you so please).

I actually have them set up in my living room for the moment as a replacement for my surround theater... I got tired of mismatched speakers and a lack of digital inputs on my older amp so I hooked this pup up to my digital cable and DVD player and it works great. It is still shocking to me that the bass is so damned powerful... it blows away two Klip SWS that I had set up.

I do plan on getting real theater speakers shortly, but convincing wifey is a tough road sometimes (especially given how much computer crap I have and buy).

Back