logitech z-680+SBAudigy2Zs

im using analog jacks and analog input, should i get a coaxial cable, is coaxial gonna sound that much better over analog?

reson i am asking is because, when i had the z-680's hooked up to my xbox with optical input they sounded better than to my pc with regular analog, too bad my soundcard doesnt have optical, only coaxial...

No, because you can't get 5.1 sound in any games using digital. If you want to know why, read the other 5 billion posts saying why.

ok, so using analog input do i just set my z-680's on the sound control center to 6 Ch Direct?

Originally posted by chaikovski2002
ok, so using analog input do i just set my z-680's on the sound control center to 6 Ch Direct?

Thats the way I run it.

I've got the 680's and Audigy2 ZS platinum. I use the 3 cable analog connections as opposed to the digital. If you have the ZS do the DD/DTS decoding, it sounds better anyway :D

Unless you know you have a lot of internal interference causing detriment to the sound quality in the analog outputs of the A2, don't bother with the digital jack.

From my experience the DAC made by Crystal sounds a bit better than the one in my Z-680's (firmware 1.1.2).

Back