Logitech MX700 Woes. Help needed.

anthropas

n00b
Hi All,

I bought the Logitech Wireless Elite Duo a while back getting the swank keyboard and MX700 mouse. Intallation seemed like a breeze and the keyboard works perfectly. However the Mouse, the main reason I got the pair, works like ass. Its not that its insensitive, I just can't get it to work consistantly. It'll take me a while to explain what it does.

When i turn on my machine it will eventually come to the blue login WinXp screen where you pick your user. (I don't know how to get rid of that either). In order to make the mouse work, I have to push the connect button on the mouse's receiver and then wait for a while and push the connect button on my mouse, then wait for a minute or two and then push the connect button again on the receiver. During this time at the login screen, the mouse works swimingly. However, if I don't go through this 2 to 3 minute ritual, as soon as I click on my username and the machine boots into my windows desktop, the mouse will go dead and nothing I do will reactivate it. Behavior like that would make it seem that once my machine boots into windows a driver problem or something is present. But I don't understand why the mouse works at the login screen without any trouble but I have to do that lame ass ritual to get it to work in windows. Does everyone have to do this? Is this just the way the mouse works? How annoying if it is. Any help for this newb is appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthropas

You have all current drivers...Always get current drivers if you start to experiance problems...

I was having a few problems, ditching the PS2 connectors and using the USB fixed all problems for me.

yes use the USB and also, because of logitech mouseware issues with many games i uninstalled all the logitech drivers and am using windows default drivers, works like a charm.

Back