Liteon dvd-rw wont burn and is labled "ZIP(D)"

xavierq

Gawd
Does anyone have any actual experience with this drive? I stopped by his place and it turns out the burner works with the software it came with, just not with any third party software. Is it possible they don't have it installing as a burner so you have to use their crap software?

And I realize he gave vague information in his initial post, but some of you guys just give inane advice. Install SP4? Update the drivers? I thank Ice Czar for actually giving a list of really good options. I'm going back by tomorrow, and maybe we can fix it with that.

Again, if anyone has gotten this drive to work like it's meant to, let us know. Would be very helpful to know it's possible :)

some burning software just wont work with some CD\DVDRWs
Along time ago when I was a n00b I burned some stuff using Roxios EasyCD\DirectCD, but I no longer own a CDRW that will work with that software

I actually had to borrow a CDRW to access those CDs once :p
(and made proper backups)

Originally posted by Ice Czar
some burning software just wont work with some CD\DVDRWs
Along time ago when I was a n00b I burned some stuff using Roxios EasyCD\DirectCD, but I no longer own a CDRW that will work with that software

I actually had to borrow a CDRW to access those CDs once :p
(and made proper backups)

That *is* odd.

The *only* time I had that problem I was using Easy CD Creator 3.x (however, the target OS was Windows 95, not 98, and I was using a slow CD-ROM drive on the target PC).

Typically, Easy CD Creator 4.x works across all versions of Windows (however, CD Creator 4 *and* 5 both have issues with the ASPI layer in Windows 2000 and newer, and Version 4 and earlier won't work in NT 4 at all).

Nero 4 and later work in Windows 2000 and newer (recommended: update to SP4 for Windows 2000).

EastCD Creator 4 & 5 isnt supported by my TDK CDRW at all
it came bundled with Nero,
and of course EasyCD\DirectCD doesnt like playing with
Nero on the same system (back when I had a Yamaha)
unless somebody fixed that

To my knowledge it isn't the drive that supports the software but the software that supports the drive. That is why Roxio releases updates to the program so it can detect and work with the newer drives. If the first version of the program worked with all drives then there would really be no need for future revisions of the program except for changing user interface. I have ran the latest versions of CloneCD, Nero, Roxio Easy CD/DVD Creator v6, Alcohol 120, WinOnCD, and many others on the same system at the same time without any problems. Most people just need to update the programs and they are fine. ???

Originally posted by Ice Czar
EastCD Creator 4 & 5 isnt supported by my TDK CDRW at all
it came bundled with Nero,
and of course EasyCD\DirectCD doesnt like playing with
Nero on the same system (back when I had a Yamaha)
unless somebody fixed that

actually I phrased it that way,
because the information came from TDK
I havent rechecked it since then
but here it is
Can I use Adaptec software on my internal veloCD burner?
Only the veloCD 8/4/32 is bundled with Adaptec (Roxio) software.
All other internal veloCD drives other than the 8/4/32 were not bundled with Adaptec (Roxio) software. However, Adaptec (Roxio) has added support for most all veloCD drives.

To get Adaptec Easy CD Creator or Direct CD to work with the veloCD you may need to contact Adaptec (Roxio) directly to obtain an upgrade.
seems that support is now available

like you Ive had no problems with all those other programs you listed,
and of course Im not really interested in goin back to EasyCD\DirectCD :p

Are we talking about the $80 after rebate Lite-On the was on sale day after Thanksgiving? If so I have used Nero 6 and CloneDVD/AnyDVD with it and had no problems what so ever.

thanks ill have to look into using them, (Id realy like to get cdrwin to work even if its just for cd burning)

some one said that i should upgrade to to XP pro and that the better drivers make my life all better, (though they just resently converted and i think they are just pimping xp anyway they can)

any ideas?? (thanks)

Back