Line running across CRT???

Blad3

Gawd
I've just got this new CRT (Iiyama VM 514) and I notice this faint "line" running across it nearer to the top of the display, it's quite annoying atm - does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Could the monitor be damaged?

I'm not sure if this effects games yet....

nevermind I found the answer - it's a U2-CRT, they're supposed to be there. Not a problem anymore.

lol I've never had this monitor size before, takes some time to get used to, they annoyed me at first but now I barely even notice them / unnoticeable in games and films.

at first i was reluctant to purchase my aperture grille monitor because of this reason because i had imagined, from what people were explaining, that these lines were actually stripes but they aren't. They are small 1 pixel wide lines that for some reason don't bother me one bit. and i have OCD!

yeah and to reiterate: - in games and movies they're unnoticeable. I can only really see them when I look for them in desktop. Overall this monitor is pretty much perfect, at least for games.

i dont even notice mine anymore i have to be looking for them usually on a white background.

i don't have to even look for them, they are definitely there, the only time that i don't see them is when the screen is completely black, like when the monitor is turned off.

Back