Lenovo Legion Slim 7 artifacting/flickering in games - RTX 3060

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
Have a Lenovo Legion Slim 7. It has a Ryzen 5800H, RTX 3060, 16GB RAM and Win 11 Pro. Only had it for a few days, but I am getting some artifacts/flickering in games and have since day one. Likewise despite a smooth frame rate, the games can stutter typically when artifacting. I have the laptop set to performance mode. The artifacts/flickering only appear in games and not elsewhere.

Normally I'd think it is a hardware problem, but it seems like it might be a software issue. Switching from a 3D application (so far just tried Metro Exodus and Horizon Zero Dawn) often involves a long stutter (say 1-2 seconds) when loading back to desktop as well. I'm thinking there is a software/driver issue that is making switching from integrated graphics to the dedicated GPU inconsistent and not smooth. Outside of games, it works fine.

Anything I should try? Nvidia drivers are up to date. Downloaded latest BIOS update for the Slim 7 as well.

For those wondering how Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition runs at 1920x1080, ray tracing and DLSS Quality on on this laptop:

Lenovo Legion S7 vs Desktop FPS (1).jpg

Gets 50-75 or so frame rates, which isn't bad.

Lenovo Legion S7 vs Desktop FPS (2).jpg

Desktop with Ryzen 3700X, RTX 3070, 32GB RAM and Win 10, same resolution and graphic settings.

Last edited:
Back