LCD Datasheets

Niku

[H]ard|Gawd
ok for a while i have been working on connecting old laptop LCDs to a video card almost directly...i've had minimal sucess...i got some to light up and others to display thing but i really dont think they were things from the videocard being displayed...

i pulled 2 more today and i could use som datasheets for them, no matter what i do i cant find squat so if any one sees datasheets for a:

LM-CA53-22NSK made by ????

and

NL6448AC30-07 made by NEC

please show me where theyre at because theyd be super helpful...

It is a long shot, but the guy in the second hit of this google search claims to be able to fax a data sheet on the LM-CA53-22NSK, which appears to be made by a "Torisan".

*sigh* .........

if you read the FAQ you'll see that you cannot just connect a LCD directly to a regular VGA video card. you need a special LCD card, they are expensive, and finiky and difficult to hook up. if you want the LCD to run off a specific VGA card (want to run your 9800XT?) then you need a special controller board that you plug your VGA card output into, then it translates those signals into what the LCD uses. again, expensive, and difficult to do, and your performance will most likely suck. cheaper, easier, and better performance to buy a normal LCD monitor and gut and mod it.:eek:

Originally posted by topcat989
*sigh* .........

if you read the FAQ you'll see that you cannot just connect a LCD directly to a regular VGA video card. you need a special LCD card, they are expensive, and finiky and difficult to hook up. if you want the LCD to run off a specific VGA card (want to run your 9800XT?) then you need a special controller board that you plug your VGA card output into, then it translates those signals into what the LCD uses. again, expensive, and difficult to do, and your performance will most likely suck. cheaper, easier, and better performance to buy a normal LCD monitor and gut and mod it.:eek:

nothings impossible....these are old VGA style LCDs 16bit color if even that...

the main connecrots are 15 pin and then there are power connectors for the CCFLs and other things....

most of them come from old lap tops like 2,3,486's now...i never in the faq rember any thing said about old LCDs like these...theyre NOT THE SAME AS THE LCDS THEY USE NOW...the controller is onboard but yet...i cant find diagrams for these things any where because of their age

mabe you should consider some thingsfirst next time

hmm...problem:

Dear Mr.Niku,

Thank you for your inquiry about NEC LCD TFT.
I am a webmaster of NEC LCD Technologies, Ltd. Japan.
We are responsible for our products sales and marketing in Japan.

We are sorry to say, we cannot send the data sheet to you.
We had discontinued NL6448AC30-07,and we have ended
production and sales of it. So we have no stock
and data sheet for the product.
About the discontinuation products, we support the manufacture which
purchased our products directly from our overseas office.
For this reason,please refer the agent which you purchased it.

We appreciate your kind understanding on it.

from the dude@nec's tech support.com (<----not a real e-mail obviously)

so ok it works and i dont want to try to get it working and destroying it and i could always use money...

how much do you thin i get get for this one in piticular?

Back