Laser projected keyboard...

A different model just like the one in the link was posted here quite a while ago. Pretty sweet keyboard. Would be great for general typing. Don't see how you could play games with it though. Would seem really awkward since you aren't pressing on any keys physically.

Originally posted by viper11885
A different model just like the one in the link was posted here quite a while ago. Pretty sweet keyboard. Would be great for general typing. Don't see how you could play games with it though. Would seem really awkward since you aren't pressing on any keys physically.

Ditto. That'd feel real odd...

I've used one like that before...except the laser was blue. It worked pretty well, but you really have to get used to the fact that your not actually pressing anything. I always had to stop and look to see if I had gotten all the letters, etc.

Interesting. But I like my physical keys and their feedback...

one of the main comsumers for these keyboards are doctors... they can type in their logs during operations.. just project the keyboard to the body of the patient :D

Originally posted by djnes
I've used one like that before...except the laser was blue. It worked pretty well, but you really have to get used to the fact that your not actually pressing anything. I always had to stop and look to see if I had gotten all the letters, etc.

Just wondering, how was the performance of it? Did it have any problems detecting which keys you were pushing??

Originally posted by viper11885
Just wondering, how was the performance of it? Did it have any problems detecting which keys you were pushing??

It missed some keys here and there, but I can't honestly say it was due to the device, or just me not hitting the key correctly. Like someone else said, there's no feedback, so your never sure if you mistype a key or not.

I wonder what they will design in there to wear out and break, now they dont have the crappy membrane switches inside :)

could be cool for some things, like a jukebox pc where you hardly have to type very much except URLs

i think the [H] effect has taken place to their site. http://www.ibizpda.com/

Originally posted by HRslammR
man keeps getting closer to star trek and matrix all the time...
LCARS here we come baby :D. i actually did an lcars thingy in flash a while back but sadly it got deleted when i did a fresh install without properly backing up :(

Id have to mod it so it makes a click sound so i know if im actualy typing (and the space bar has to sound difrent from the rest or it just wouldnt be right) but i see how that can be usefull

Originally posted by djnes
It missed some keys here and there, but I can't honestly say it was due to the device, or just me not hitting the key correctly. Like someone else said, there's no feedback, so your never sure if you mistype a key or not.

Thanks for the info. Definately a cool typing device. Glad to hear that it performs pretty well ;)

great for pda's and cellphones no doubt...espiecally if they start intergrating them

Back