koolance exos mods

gpitpitan

Limp Gawd
Anyone out there modded their exos? im happy with my exos AL but i was wondering if there was anyway we could squeeze some more performance out of it. Maybe some 120mm fans or find a way to run chilled water? heh.

why mod it? when you should have BOUGHT custom parts and built the water cooling setup yourself...

wow yet another [H]ardcore DIY I hate anything that even slightly sounds like Koolance just b/c its easy to hate...

gpitpitan said:
Anyone out there modded their exos? im happy with my exos AL but i was wondering if there was anyway we could squeeze some more performance out of it. Maybe some 120mm fans or find a way to run chilled water? heh.

as discussed in the other threads, its really more work than its worth. i had the idea of adding a second radiator underneath the normal one, but you just gave me the idea of adding 1 or 2 120mm fans underneath the radiator to help push air through it.

acascianelli said:
as discussed in the other threads, its really more work than its worth. i had the idea of adding a second radiator underneath the normal one, but you just gave me the idea of adding 1 or 2 120mm fans underneath the radiator to help push air through it.

Hmm, but would that make a significant difference? After all, the temp of the water won't dip below the temp of your room, right?

I wish there were a way to chill the water....

Optimummind said:
Hmm, but would that make a significant difference? After all, the temp of the water won't dip below the temp of your room, right?

I wish there were a way to chill the water....

That's right, it actually won't even get to room temperature, just within a few degrees if you have amazing cooling. And there are ways to chill water... peltiers, phase change, and evaporative (bong-style) cooling can all achieve sub-ambient temps.

zer0signal667 said:
That's right, it actually won't even get to room temperature, just within a few degrees if you have amazing cooling. And there are ways to chill water... peltiers, phase change, and evaporative (bong-style) cooling can all achieve sub-ambient temps.

Ah, I meant chilling the water inside the Koolance unit.

Back