Swiftech MCP-600 $65
DD RBX $50
Swiftech MCW50 $46 (with 1/2" barbs)
-------------------------------------------------
$168 shipped

Oil Cooler $5
Homemade Rese $1
Free Zerex from neighbor

The oil cooler is about 2 3/4"x1.5"x11" and aluminum, I realize it is not be the best solution for a radiator but I got it for $5 and it hasn't been used (not new but never used in a car). I don't think it could be beat in terms of functionality vs. price.

I still have to go get tubing, probably just go to an Ace Hardware, or if I get a lot of time ride up to Mcmaster.

So I estimate my setup total will be about $180-185. I'll definately get pics up when I get my stuff and can get at a camera.

What kind of fans do you plan to use on yr rad - 60 mm? 5$ for a rad, good deal LOL.

My friend is using an oilcooler out of a CAT on the side of his case... compleatly passive, the temps are still VERY good...

and welcome to the world of watercooling....

The oil cooler is the perfect width for 80mm fans, and perfect height for 3 of them. A lot of ppl on overclockers.com doubt the oil cooler....seems to me like it will work fine. How big is your friends? Out of a CAT seems like it'd be huge.

Oh yea and I got some vinyl tubing today, 1/2 inch but its kinda flattened...should I just order some clearflex from mcmaster or can this tubing be rounded out?

Make sure you get a good liquid mix... you are mixing copper with aluminum they will react with each other and eat away the RBX. Be carefull with the oil cooler......

Back