Just got G7 ... comparing to my old MX518

Z

Zinn

I just got my new Logitech G7 up and running... there's something different about this mouse. Controlling the cursor feels quite a bit different... it seems more smooth. I'm not quite used to it yet and I'm having a hard time flicking my wrist and having the cursor shoot over to where I want it, like I could with the MX518. I have the feeling that this mouse is a lot more precise though.

I miss the second thumb button a lot. Browsing back and forth in web pages just isn't the same with the left / right scroll wheel.

Oh well, I hope I get used to it. Has anyone else used both a G7 and an MX518? Pipe up!

[edit] ow. do not stare directly into a laser.

I've tried both. I stick with my mx518. I like having the crapload of buttons for games.

i recently got a g7 also. i really dont think it was worth the money though. i previously had the mx700 but the cradle stopped working and i needed a new mouse. frankly i think that the mx700 was better than the g7, other than being able to switch sensitivity instantly. the battery life is annoying as hell also. im still trying to figure out what possessed me to spend this much money on a mouse...

Zinn said:
I just got my new Logitech G7 up and running... there's something different about this mouse. Controlling the cursor feels quite a bit different... it seems more smooth. I'm not quite used to it yet and I'm having a hard time flicking my wrist and having the cursor shoot over to where I want it, like I could with the MX518. I have the feeling that this mouse is a lot more precise though.

I miss the second thumb button a lot. Browsing back and forth in web pages just isn't the same with the left / right scroll wheel.

Oh well, I hope I get used to it. Has anyone else used both a G7 and an MX518? Pipe up!

[edit] ow. do not stare directly into a laser.

I had that same feeling. I still get that sometimes if I think about it.

The MX 518 and the G5/G7 have the same number of buttons if you include the tilt-wheel. Using the uberOptions program, all buttons are remappable to anything.

General Crespin said:
The MX 518 and the G5/G7 have the same number of buttons if you include the tilt-wheel. Using the uberOptions program, all buttons are remappable to anything.

I can't rely on trying to tilt the wheel to switch to a specific weapon without scrolling up or down... it just doesn't work out. I'd rather have actual buttons.

I use the thum button for scroll and the wheel tilt fo forward/back..Works really well..Give it a try..

ye ive got a mate with the g7, he had the same thing

ive just spent the past ages trying to figure out which is better for games.. g5 or diamondback

even tho the diamondback is older tech i tend to go bettter with it in games, even tho i dont find it as comfortable o_O

Back