just a though

i suppose it could work. The cards would need to be made well though. With lots of protection shielding. Vid cards and other complicated electrnics have a lot of breakable pieces on them. YOu wouldnt want a capacitor or resistor breaking off your vid card or something of that nature. It wont help me though. My desktop is a PC and my laptop is mac. They would not only need a portable video card but also one that works on PC and mac.

the biggest thing though, is i would be really afraid to be carrying around a 400 dollar video card with me as i travell around. Plus, my laptop is for work/school. I dont need to game everywhere i go.

good idea though, asumming it will ever be possible at a reasonable price.

Honestly, for a laptop I'm getting a Mac. I would just hope that we'd see more upgradable GPUs.

Hrm, what about a small case like those radioshack project things, but big enough for a video card, with maybe a fan on the side even, or at least some small vent holes.

Anyway, I think that's a very good idea, just tricky to get the companies to do it and I just don't see any way a normal person could modify a laptop to do such a thing. If they could though, it would be wonderful for laptop owners since they have to be stuck with video processors that feel like they are 2 years behind (though I guess 1 is more accurate.)

Back