Iwill XP333 rev2.0 + Athlon XP-M = ?

4330thgink

Gawd
I hope someone has experience with this..

Can someone tell me if the Iwill XP333 Rev 2.0 mobo (w/ALI chipset) and an AMD 2500/2600 Mobile XP-M CPU work together?

I'd like to upgrade from this locked Pali core 1700+ to something that has some OC'n potential without upgrading the mobo too. ...just cant afford a mobo and CPU upgrade right now.

I've seen that the ALI chipset is "supported" here http://www.cpuheat.wz.cz/html/CPUMSR_main.htm . But no one has stepped forward anywhere to show proof.

Thanks for any and all support you guys can give.

Does the board support manual or bios multiplier and FSB adjustment?

Does CPUMSR support the chipset on the board?

If it does then it should work...

Later

MD

Multiplier = yes, upto 12.5x working (actually 13x in BIOS), upto 15x as option
FSB = yes, 250+ ?
PCI divider = yes, 1/6
CPUMSR = they say yes, but no confirmations. They only looked at the chipset registers to see if PowerNow is enabled.

the problem is, everyone that has tested this is either using a KT*** or NF2 chipset with the XP-M CPU's.

how much is this mobo? are you wanting to try it to try it? is it cheap? why not get a shuttle an35 or something? nf7? dfi infinity? those are all proven...

I have the mobo right now, been running an old 1700+ Pali core that tops out at 1533mhz.

I just cant afford both, a new CPU and a new mobo. So, since I know for sure that the CPU is at it's limit, it will be the item to be changed out.

does it have voltage controls for the cpu?

if it does, get a mobile... or if it somehow defaults to 1.65v get a mobile...

but 200 x 12 would be great... and it sounds like your mobo will do it..

Yep.. voltage controls are available. Not sure on the range of voltages though..

Looks like the mobile is a "go" then.

Back